Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

5 minutes ago, Siman08/OH said:

So did Adams test positive or negative last night?

Now that is a question we should be asking. The report was he still has a 'very slim' chance to play that I heard yesterday. That would mean he had to test negative yesterday to have any chance to play today.

This is just me piecing together information so don't take it as the gospel. I heard nothing definitive that he tested negative yesterday. 

4 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

??????

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Check out the highest Smallpox death year on record compared to the population.

Assume you meant total mortality as opposed to 'death rate'. 

History of Smallpox | Smallpox | CDC

Early Control Efforts

Smallpox was a terrible disease. On average, 3 out of every 10 people who got it died. People who survived usually had scars, which were sometimes severe.

Edited by Old Guy

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

While this is true on the timing of Bahktiari injury.  Both Watt and Bulaga had a longer history of injury compared to Bahktiari.   

I see them as vastly different situations

More red flags with those other guys to be sure, but you are rolling the dice paying 30+ year old linemen. It a position that takes/gives a hit on every rep. The gamble made tons of sense with 69, but so far it was a bad move even if that can be chalked up to misfortune. He could still come back and be the best of the best, but we are paying him to be so anything short of that will be disappointing. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The vaccine absolutely prevents transmission. It doesn't prevent transmission absolutely

You need to learn the definition of the word "prevent". 

Smallpox and Polio did not have animal reservoirs. Are you going to vaccinate the animal populations for covid? Are you going to forcibly vax every 3rd-world nation?

And the age of affected people is a meaningful difference. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Covid has a significantly higher mortality rate than smallpox.

How is 0.5% greater than 30%? 

And why did heavily vaccinated Israel recently have an huge case outbreak (1082 per mil daily at peak in Sept)? Why is 80%-vaxxed Singapore in the midst of a massive outbreak with per-capita case rates (624 per mil daily at present) similar to the US's fall-2020 wave? 

JFC!  It’s officially gameday.  I definitely have my opinions on a lot of things and work in a place where extensive protocols are in place to mitigate the realities of the pandemic.  The thing is, this is a football site and a thread about today’s game. It would seem to be a good place to talk about the game at hand. 

• Like 8

I think our offense can beat teams in different ways, if we control the tempo on the ground, we can hit some plays downfield. Easier said than done and our patchwork line has played better in pass protection than in the run game but it’s time to step up. 

On defense, I think we really need to get a few breaks. A mobile and accurate QB with that WR group is ridiculous. They will score, we need a good bounce or two to go our way so we can get a few stops. 

The home team is favored for good reason but we’ve got 12 and a nothing  to lose mentality  in a game where the odds are against us. I hope we play loose and keep fighting.