Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

One of the bigger regular season games you can ask for to gauge your team. Would be nice if we get guys back to make this a better battle.

Going against the last undefeated team on the road on a short week as a one loss team as the underdog and missing key guys. A win would put the league on notice.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

One of the bigger regular season games you can ask for to gauge your team. Would be nice if we get guys back to make this a better battle.

Going against the last undefeated team on the road on a short week as a one loss team as the underdog and missing key guys. A win would put the league on notice.

Defense should be full strength minus the IR guys. Preston and King should play. 

Offense will likely still be without 69 and 83. 

AZ will likely have Chandler Jones back. 

3 hours ago, Leader said:

We're gonna win   👍

I agree. Everyone is freaking out as if Arizona is going to roll us, but if you look at all the games in recent memory where we got shellacked it was against rush-heavy offenses who ran all over us. On a Thursday night (those games are always weird) I can see us turning over Murray multiple times and putting the ball in the end zone enough to win comfortably on the road. 7-1 baby. 

2 hours ago, dust247 said:

The last time the Packers played the Cardinals, GB lost to the Josh Rosen led Cardinals. The loss ended MM's tenure in GB.

The last time the Packers traveled to Arizona was in 2016, the OT playoff loss. 

The Packers haven't beaten the Cardinals, in Arizona, since the 2009 season. (The week before the OT playoff loss to Kurt Warner.)

And Murray is unquestionably the most mobile QB we've seen so far this year....

Well... Cardinals beat the Rams, whom beat the Buccaneers, whom beat the Cowboys... and those are are the better teams in the NFC right now besides Packers that is.

I think the Cardinals simply have too many weapons for our injured defense to handle... unless maybe we're getting a good number of guys back... but LaFleur might of rested Preston, King, etc just for that reason...

But I think the huge questions will be, can we run the ball on their defense, and will we stick with the run? If we can't run, I think Rodgers is in trouble unless maybe we get Back back, which helps in getting Jenkins back inside. If we can run and give our defense breathers with long drives, then we might have a shot... with some Cardinals errors.

That being said, QBs have helped the Packers a good bit this year... Goff and Garoppolo weird fumbles, WFT QB making everyone go WTF by kneeling at the goal line.

As LaFleur stated, they knew WFT QB could run, and they were hoping to limit it, and didn't do a very good job... need better job against the Cardinals.

I think the Cardinals offense drives the ball very well on our defense, and either it's a shootout or massacre...

Also, Cardinals are #1 in points scored against per game. Only one team has gotten to 21 points on them... and that's the Vikings whom got 33 points... which they got a pick-6 to help out, looks like a early deep bomb surprise and they got the running game going for the rest of the half but Cardinals defense figured it out. And no one can contain their QB.

10 hours ago, dust247 said:

The last time the Packers played the Cardinals, GB lost to the Josh Rosen led Cardinals. The loss ended MM's tenure in GB.

The last time the Packers traveled to Arizona was in 2016, the OT playoff loss. 

The Packers haven't beaten the Cardinals, in Arizona, since the 2009 season. (The week before the OT playoff loss to Kurt Warner.)

Kind of a meaningless stat. Vastly different teams,

the 2018 loss was probably a blessing in disguise. Final nail for MM

17 hours ago, FAH1223 said:

*gulp*

Might be a massacre

Gonna need a rule put in place by any of our friendly team moderators. No pessimistic game day starter posts. This team is on a 6 game winning streak, try believing in them. No matter who they’re facing. A little koolaid and homerism is okay

23 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Gonna need a rule put in place by any of our friendly team moderators. No pessimistic game day starter posts. This team is on a 6 game winning streak, try believing in them. No matter who they’re facing. A little koolaid and homerism is okay

Reasonable discussion both ways is fine. The Packers could win this game despite nearly every intangible weighing against them going in. Cardinals are healthier, playing at home and on Thursday. Packers have 10 games left on the schedule and if I had to circle the game I'm least confident in right now, this is it. Packers could play a great game and pull out a victory, but when I look at this game, I see a lot comparisons to the games at SF in 2019 and at Tampa in 2020. We had high hopes for both games and ended up being embarrassed. It would not shock me on Thursday if we get rolled by Arizona, especially since they have already blown out the Titans, Rams and Browns, all pretty good teams. 

Because of all this, I'm actually a lot less nervous about this game than the past several weeks. I have zero expectations going in. 

• Like 1

ARI is a good team, but not a juggernaut.  MIN was a missed 37 yard FG away from beating them.  That being said, I think they may be one of those teams that GB just does not match up well against.  The pass rush will need to both pressure and contain Murray, and that seems like a pretty big ask.  GB brought in Barry because of his ties to the STL defense and that scheme, but ARI know how to attack that scheme as well as anyone.

• Like 1