Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

.....when I look at this game, I see a lot comparisons to the games at SF in 2019 and at Tampa in 2020. We had high hopes for both games and ended up being embarrassed.....

What leads you to this conclusion? I dont know AZ down to the nuts & bolts, but I dont think they've near the dominant DL/IL package that either the above teams did - which is what caused us the biggest problems - nor (in SFs case.....) do they have the running game.

Passing attack.....yes. There they've got some weapons - or - perhaps better put, enough receivers to make us defend the entire field.

I'd prefer if we could be healthier...but cant have everything.

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Gonna need a rule put in place by any of our friendly team moderators. No pessimistic game day starter posts. This team is on a 6 game winning streak, try believing in them. No matter who they’re facing. A little koolaid and homerism is okay

Burn it all down! (just practicing for the Friday post game discussion)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Gonna need a rule put in place by any of our friendly team moderators. No pessimistic game day starter posts. This team is on a 6 game winning streak, try believing in them. No matter who they’re facing. A little koolaid and homerism is okay

I didn’t say who would be massacred though 😃

• Like 1

Arizona is one of the worst 7-0 teams in history. Are they good? Yes. Are they great? Hell  no. I wouldn't consider them a favorite to get to the Super Bowl. 

How we win:

- win the turnover battle.

- Rodgers gets the ball out of his hand on time.

- Establish the running game. 

- Don't let Murray beat you with his legs and hit him hard a few times in the pocket and when he tries to run. 

- Hope special teams doesn't kill us. This one is always a concern. 

They ain't all that! 

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

What leads you to this conclusion? I dont know AZ down to the nuts & bolts, but I dont think they've near the dominant DL/IL package that either the above teams did - which is what caused us the biggest problems - nor (in SFs case.....) do they have the running game.....

I don't know what they have or what they look like.  But yeah, in some of the games where the Packers got schmucked, it was when our line got outclassed and the offense shut down.  Chargers and 49ers in 2019; Tampa last year; Saints this year.  

I don't know AZ enough to know whether they've got the line-domination that those defenses were able to exercise.  Either way, I think it's essential that the Packers offense is able to score and to make it competitive.  If the offense is doing much 1-2-3-punt, I think they could run away from us.   It's on the offense to score points and make it competitive.  

yesterday, Washington's front pretty much stuffed ours in terms of run-game.  The run game had nothing going, there was no space.  Against Bears, the first-half run-game was bad, too; 2nd half it was good.  Will be interesting to see whether versus the AZ defense whether the Packers can both run productively and get reasonable protection in the pass-game most of the time.  Need at least the latter, and preferably both.  No idea how it will play.  But it's kinda on the offense to score points and compete.  

Well with Barry out iwth COVID, I bet we see Jerry Gray or maybe Mike Smith calling the plays? Hopefully no other coaches players infected buy may be doubtful. Glad it was hoem game so they weren't on a plane together maybe?

@Woz Maybe now we'll see if it was Barry as the source of improvement?

Edited by Arthur Penske