Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, agreed. We need to do probably two of the following to win:

(1) Rodgers/Adams god mode

(2) Significantly outcoach them

(3) Win the TO battle by 2+

(4) Catch most of the 50/50 breaks

Yeah numbers 2 and 4 would be baseline for victory probably

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yeah numbers 2 and 4 would be baseline for victory probably

This Cardinals team almost lost to the Vikings at home ( 1 pt victory) then SF kept it within one score with a rookie QB. They're good but some of you are acting like we're going into beat 2007 Bellicheck and Brady at home.

Edited by Arthur Penske

Yah, short week, playing a very good team at their place, and we are still injured.

It's gonna be a rough one.

Watt is going to destroy Turner and Newman.

We can only hide our backup corners for so long.

Only chance we have is if we really, really amp up the running game to gas them and keep their offense off of the field.  Then we have to throw in 3-4 Godgers/'Vante plays.

It's a tough task, but I'll bet we are up for it.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I don't think this statement would stand up to scrutiny. In the last 5 seasons there has been only one other team with a season-ending DVOA clearly better than Arizona's current ranking.

Arizona is very, very good.

Are we giving them an 'almost half season trophy'? 

Week 1 Tennessee was without their LT and Jones gets 5 sacks and ruins Tennessee's day. 

Week 2 they win on a last second field goal against the Vikings. 

Week 3 they beat the Jaguars who were in the midst of a 20+ game losing streak

Week 4 they thumped the Rams who were coming off an emotional prime time win. Cardinals best game so far.

Week 5 They beat the 49ers who were starting a rookie QB who doesn't seem to know the offense very well. 

Week 6 they whipped the Browns who were beaten up on the offensive line as well as a QB playing with a bad throwing shoulder. 

Week 7 They beat the Texans who would struggle against Alabama and Georgia. 

I would say my comment does hold up to scrutiny but you may disagree. Other than the Rams game, show me an impressive win? 

Edited by Old Guy

11 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Because AC joint sprains do not require surgery and the guy is back in a week, two tops. 

Jaire didn't have surgery and AC joint sprains can take weeks to heal. Could turn out to be worse, but I don't think we know anything differrent than an AC joint sprain at this point.

Edited by Arthur Penske