Week 8: Packers @ Cardinals on Thursday Night Football - Packers Win 24-21! Move to 7-1!

FAH1223

35 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Are we giving them an 'almost half season trophy'?

No, we are just correcting your evidence-less assertion that they are "one of the worst 7-0 teams of all time". That claim needs a LOT of legwork to defend. You need to compile a list of all 7-0 teams (from at least the modern era) and then determine their DVOA's at that point in the season and show that the 2021 Cardinals are around the lowest.

With my base knowledge of DVOA, I suspect that 2021 Cardinals are actually among the best 7-0 teams historically.

I suggest reading up on DVOA because everything else you typed is accounted for already, just like it is for every team for every year.

Edited by incognito_man
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

No, we are just correcting your evidence-less assertion that they are "one of the worst 7-0 teams of all time". That claim needs a LOT of legwork to defend. You need to compile a list of all 7-0 teams (from at least the modern era) and then determine their DVOA's at that point in the season and show that the 2021 Cardinals are around the lowest.

With my base knowledge of DVOA, I suspect that 2021 Cardinals are actually among the best 7-0 teams historically.

I suggest reading up on DVOA because everything else you typed is accounted for already, just like it is for every team for every year.

Why do that when spewing random silliness like the other team was missing a Tackle that day works for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Couple of things here:

1. I don't need to collect **** and won't be. 

2. You pick one stat to make your claim and defend it as gospel. I know you think it's the end all be all of measuring teams. 

Fine by me but we'll see where the Cardinals end up at the end of the year. I'm very comfortable with my assertion. Meanwhile you go back to "figuring," but you know what they say, "Liars figure and figures lie."

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Great. Probably going to lose a few more coaches/players before this thing is over. Perfect for a short week on the road. 

Yikes.  If the contact tracing goes bad, this premium matchup could get ugly real quick on a short week.