Colt McCoy as a replacement?

turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Even if the team is decent Snyder will start to freak out if the fans have had enough of Allen and stop spending. The team was awful with cerrato at the end, what do you thinks going to happen next year if Kirk is gone and Rob Kelley is still starting at RB with Crowder and Doctson catching passes from Colt? 

You and I both know that the marketing machine will push out something, even if its false hope. If Kirk is gone we'll draft a qb high and/or sign a young qb/trade for one to compete with Colt and probably both. 

I've also constantly maintained my opinion that Colt is capable of leading this team. No, it won't be exactly like Cousins all in the pocket and like a machine when in rhythm and protected but Colt can be a good true west coast qb with a lot of short passes and he makes a lot of off scheduled plays, unlike Kirk. I think Colt can be around a 4,000 yd passer, with 20 something TDs and a handful of rushing TDs just like Kirk if we run zone read in the redzone like I think we need to do more of with Kirk. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

You and I both know that the marketing machine will push out something, even if its false hope. If Kirk is gone we'll draft a qb high and/or sign a young qb/trade for one to compete with Colt and probably both. 

I've also constantly maintained my opinion that Colt is capable of leading this team. No, it won't be exactly like Cousins all in the pocket and like a machine when in rhythm and protected but Colt can be a good true west coast qb with a lot of short passes and he makes a lot of off scheduled plays, unlike Kirk. I think Colt can be around a 4,000 yd passer, with 20 something TDs and a handful of rushing TDs just like Kirk if we run zone read in the redzone like I think we need to do more of with Kirk. 

Lol oh come on.  Dude this is one of the most ridiculous posts you’ve ever made.

32 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Uh....wut???

I stand by it. Just look at what Colt has done in this offense - minus the Rams game when he got obliterated because our OL couldn’t block them in 2014.

Colt can be an average starter and he’s a great leader. He’s not as good as Cousins, he doesn’t have the natural talent and the strong arm but his intangibles are off the chart.

I’ll always have the opinion that he can be like a Rich Gannon, if given the weapons around him and a running game to help him.

Gruden really wanted to start him the rest of 2014 after he brought us back vs Tennessee and then have an open competition in the 2015 offseason, but Dan/Bruce made him start RG3. If it wasn’t for McCloughan being hired in 2015, I think RG3 at least starts the season and probably plays the whole year or until he almost assuredly got hurt because he wouldn’t slide or run out of bounds.

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I stand by it. Just look at what Colt has done in this offense - minus the Rams game when he got obliterated because our OL couldn’t block them in 2014.

Colt can be an average starter and he’s a great leader. He’s not as good as Cousins, he doesn’t have the natural talent and the strong arm but his intangibles are off the chart.

I’ll always have the opinion that he can be like a Rich Gannon, if given the weapons around him and a running game to help him.

Gruden really wanted to start him the rest of 2014 after he brought us back vs Tennessee and then have an open competition in the 2015 offseason, but Dan/Bruce made him start RG3. If it wasn’t for McCloughan being hired in 2015, I think RG3 at least starts the season and probably plays the whole year or until he almost assuredly got hurt because he wouldn’t slide or run out of bounds.

Turtle colt McCoy isn't even that good lol let's get back on topic cus this is for another thread 

5 hours ago, Dashing202 said:

4000 yards and 20 tds... ??? like Jesus u can't do that even in madden with McCoy 

It depends on health, but you can’t convince me that McCoy can’t play how he played vs the Cowboys and Colts in 2014 throughout most of a season. 

4,000 yards isn’t much in an offense like Gruden’s which is a great scheme and has a receiving option open on almost every play. 

4,000 yards is only 250 yards a game. 20 TDs is only a little over 1 a game. It’s not a huge feat with how much we throw the ball.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:03 PM, turtle28 said:

I kind of now hope for Cousins to take a half off due to a hang nail so you can get your wish.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:03 PM, turtle28 said:

What kind of fentanyl-laced crack are you smoking?! Rich Gannon had a cannon for an arm. McCoy has a cap gun.

On 10/28/2017 at 7:16 PM, turtle28 said:

if the front office and head coach stay he same our quarterback will be Alex Smith. 

Please for the love of god don't roll with Colt. I'd rather make Kirk the highest paid player of all time then to play Colt. And I don't mean that as a slight to Kirk, I simply have no interest in Colt starting or even being on this team. 

7 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

if the front office and head coach stay he same our quarterback will be Alex Smith. 

Now that is quite plausible to me. Alex Smith has flourished under Andy Reid, but they traded up for Patrick Mahomes so you have to believe he's the long term plan. Since Smith is on the final year of his contract, he likely could be available.

Of course that comes with a MAJOR caveat: he has looked great under Andy Reid. Many a QB have sparkled while under Reid's tutelage, only to go to another team and stink up the joint.

9 hours ago, Woz said:

I kind of now hope for Cousins to take a half off due to a hang nail so you can get your wish.

What kind of fentanyl-laced crack are you smoking?! Rich Gannon had a cannon for an arm. McCoy has a cap gun.

Rich Gannon didn’t have a cannon for an arm that I remember when he was towards the end of his career with the Raiders. He threw mostly slants to Brown and Jerry Rice and then Raiders relied on a strong running game and a strong defense to go to the super bowl once and almost win it and shouldn’t have been there before that year if not for the tuck rule/Pats championship game screwing.

53 minutes ago, Woz said:

Now that is quite plausible to me. Alex Smith has flourished under Andy Reid, but they traded up for Patrick Mahomes so you have to believe he's the long term plan. Since Smith is on the final year of his contract, he likely could be available.

Of course that comes with a MAJOR caveat: he has looked great under Andy Reid. Many a QB have sparkled while under Reid's tutelage, only to go to another team and stink up the joint.

So we replace Kirk Cousins with what amounts to another Kirk Cousins. Only this one won't throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field lol

Archived