Colt McCoy as a replacement?

turtle28

57 minutes ago, Woz said:

Now that is quite plausible to me. Alex Smith has flourished under Andy Reid, but they traded up for Patrick Mahomes so you have to believe he's the long term plan. Since Smith is on the final year of his contract, he likely could be available.

Of course that comes with a MAJOR caveat: he has looked great under Andy Reid. Many a QB have sparkled while under Reid's tutelage, only to go to another team and stink up the joint.

Smith and Gruden come from the same coaching tree. Smith would be a good stop gap in Dc for a few years if he comes available.  Gruden has turned Dalton and Cousins into above average Qbs and made MCCoy go from looking below average while in Cleveland to looking average in DC.

Reading this post. All I could think, this was Dashing in disguise and he really meant Colt Brennan.

Turtle, I must admit, this is a bit ludacrous for you. You have consistently been on the wagon of Cousins to have a career year again in 2017 and I honestly cannot believe that you would consider to switch to Colt McCoy. 

This thread should have been locked as soon as it was submitted. Gawd. 

I think Colt can be around a 4,000 yd passer, with 20 something TDs and a handful of rushing TDs just like Kirk "

That statement by you Turtle, is even a bit beyond the chasm of fantasy. 

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So we replace Kirk Cousins with what amounts to another Kirk Cousins. Only this one won't throw the ball more than 5 yards down the field lol

Actually, Alex Smith is going down field a lot more than you think. The problem with that is (again) how much of that is Andy Reid?

Just now, mike23md said:

Eh, I thought it was interesting to let it ride if for no other reason than to separate it from the Bruce Allen thread. We'll see. If I have to shut it down, I'll shut it down.

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Smith and Gruden come from the same coaching tree.

1. Smith is a player. He has no "coaching tree" of which to speak of.
  2. If you are going to say the guys he coached affected him, then how do you explain that his first three head coaches were all defensive in nature? Only Mike Nolan had any offensive coaching experience prior to becoming a head coach, and that was only a single year as a receivers coach for the Ravens.
  3. The only offensive coaches that Smith were ever under were Jim Harbaugh (who arguably isn't part of any tree (*)) and Andy Reid.
  4. If you're going to claim Jay is part of the Bill Walsh tree because of his brother, then the connection between Smith and Gruden is like akin to cousins once removed. VERY tenuous.

(*) Unless you're going to claim he's under Reid because he was a QB coordinator under Bill Callahan for his first two years as a coach and Callahan was Reid's OL coach for three years in the mid 90s? That's awfully thin. Most of Jim Harbaugh's experience was in college (via USD and Stanford).

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Gruden has turned Dalton and Cousins into above average Qbs

Yes ...

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

and made MCCoy go from looking below average while in Cleveland to looking average in DC.

... and then you went a bridge too far.

So, are we supposed to believe that the Dallas game, Colts game and then Giants game before Colt re-aggregated his neck in 2014 we’re just flukes?

Im not saying he’s going to be or Can be Kirk Cousins, but Gruden is so pass happy that he’ll even have McCoy throw it 30 times a game or even more and if he’s throwing that much he’s bound to average over 200 yards a game with some around 300 and possibly one or two above in an entire season.

Also, Colt extends plays. Meaning, in the redzone when he’s feeling rushed he’s going to move in the pocket or out of the pocket and find an open receiver which Kirk rarely does.

Again, Colt is no where near the qb they Kirk is and he’ll never be anything more than an average starter but he can be a poor man’s Alex Smith or a poor man’s Tony Romo and throw “for around” notice I didn’t say over or as much as Kirk, and I didn’t say he’d throw more TDs than Kirk I said around 20 something, meaning slightly above, 20 or a few more than 20. And, he’ll throw more ints than Kirk, probably in the mid teens but I don’t think he’s a guy who will have more than 20 ints in a season.

I understand everyone’s setimient and feelings on this. It doesn’t bother me one bit, it’s totally rational to believe there’s no way Colt could start and be productive throught a 16 game season because he’s never done it before but the optimist in me thinks he can if given the opportunity.

On 10/30/2017 at 10:43 AM, mike23md said:

Reading this post. All I could think, this was Dashing in disguise and he really meant Colt Brennan.

Turtle, I must admit, this is a bit ludacrous for you. You have consistently been on the wagon of Cousins to have a career year again in 2017 and I honestly cannot believe that you would consider to switch to Colt McCoy. 

I think Colt can be around a 4,000 yd passer, with 20 something TDs and a handful of rushing TDs just like Kirk "

That statement by you Turtle, is even a bit beyond the chasm of fantasy. 

Stop

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, are we supposed to believe that the Dallas game, Colts game and then Giants game before Colt re-aggregated his neck in 2014 we’re just flukes?

Im not saying he’s going to be or Can be Kirk Cousins, but Gruden is so pass happy that he’ll even have McCoy throw it 30 times a game or even more and if he’s throwing that much he’s bound to average over 200 yards a game with some around 300 and possibly one or two above in an entire season.

Also, Colt extends plays. Meaning, in the redzone when he’s feeling rushed he’s going to move in the pocket or out of the pocket and find an open receiver which Kirk rarely does.

Again, Colt is no where near the qb they Kirk is and he’ll never be anything more than an average starter but he can be a poor man’s Alex Smith or a poor man’s Tony Romo and throw “for around” notice I didn’t say over or as much as Kirk, and I didn’t say he’d throw more TDs than Kirk I said around 20 something, meaning slightly above, 20 or a few more than 20. And, he’ll throw more ints than Kirk, probably in the mid teens but I don’t think he’s a guy who will have more than 20 ints in a season.

I understand everyone’s setimient and feelings on this. It doesn’t bother me one bit, it’s totally rational to believe there’s no way Colt could start and be productive throught a 16 game season because he’s never done it before but the optimist in me thinks he can if given the opportunity.

Colt McCoy a back up tho turtle lol like yes he had that Dallas game but that's a while back now .

Just now, Dashing202 said:

Don't be hard on turtle tho ? For all we know McCoy finds ways to get Pryor involved idk .

We might win this Sunday if our Ol healthy tho .

This is not Turtle though. I have no clue on where this notion came from. Maybe he did a meet and greet with McCoy and fell in love or something, I have no idea. 

This Sunday is going to be even harder than the Cowboys game. 

Archived