Colt McCoy as a replacement?

turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

So, are we supposed to believe that the Dallas game, Colts game and then Giants game before Colt re-aggregated his neck in 2014 we’re just flukes?

Im not saying he’s going to be or Can be Kirk Cousins, but Gruden is so pass happy that he’ll even have McCoy throw it 30 times a game or even more and if he’s throwing that much he’s bound to average over 200 yards a game with some around 300 and possibly one or two above in an entire season.

Also, Colt extends plays. Meaning, in the redzone when he’s feeling rushed he’s going to move in the pocket or out of the pocket and find an open receiver which Kirk rarely does.

Again, Colt is no where near the qb they Kirk is and he’ll never be anything more than an average starter but he can be a poor man’s Alex Smith or a poor man’s Tony Romo and throw “for around” notice I didn’t say over or as much as Kirk, and I didn’t say he’d throw more TDs than Kirk I said around 20 something, meaning slightly above, 20 or a few more than 20. And, he’ll throw more ints than Kirk, probably in the mid teens but I don’t think he’s a guy who will have more than 20 ints in a season.

I understand everyone’s setimient and feelings on this. It doesn’t bother me one bit, it’s totally rational to believe there’s no way Colt could start and be productive throught a 16 game season because he’s never done it before but the optimist in me thinks he can if given the opportunity.

Turtle, optimism is what gets people into trouble. Realism is what keeps people out of trouble. He has never been a full time starter and when he has he didn't do so well. Maybe some good games here and there, but in all honesty, McCoy's best position is as back up QB. If we are starting him, then we are tanking for something. Its that simple. 

12 minutes ago, mike23md said:

This is not Turtle though. I have no clue on where this notion came from. Maybe he did a meet and greet with McCoy and fell in love or something, I have no idea. 

This Sunday is going to be even harder than the Cowboys game. 

I think we beat seattle the problem in that game is Wilson mobility and Jimmy gram exposing us .

but if our OL is healthier and we can move the ball than we can win .

The redskins are never in on stuff like this. Bruce doesn't make trades, he won't pay anybody and he thinks he's a draft savant so anyone with talent we can acquire cheaply is still too expensive. Enjoy this ridiculous ride we're on with Bruce because it's not going to end anytime soon.  

I almost wish Colt would get a chance so he can at least prove he could be serviceable as a starter but I don’t want that because I still believe in Cousins. 

I know it’s not a popular opinion amongst the fan base, but I don’t think you can base what Colt could be in this offense based upon what he was 6 years ago while playing for the Browns.

IMO that would be a dumb opinion. It’s better to base what he could be based upon his most recent performances when he was healthy in 2014. 

On 10/28/2017 at 7:16 PM, turtle28 said:

You and I both know that the marketing machine will push out something, even if its false hope. If Kirk is gone we'll draft a qb high and/or sign a young qb/trade for one to compete with Colt and probably both. 

I've also constantly maintained my opinion that Colt is capable of leading this team. No, it won't be exactly like Cousins all in the pocket and like a machine when in rhythm and protected but Colt can be a good true west coast qb with a lot of short passes and he makes a lot of off scheduled plays, unlike Kirk. I think Colt can be around a 4,000 yd passer, with 20 something TDs and a handful of rushing TDs just like Kirk if we run zone read in the redzone like I think we need to do more of with Kirk. 

the fact you think colt can lead this team is unbelievable. you truly dont have a clue and i cant take anything else you say seriously.

On 10/31/2017 at 8:38 AM, turtle28 said:

So, are we supposed to believe that the Dallas game, Colts game and then Giants game before Colt re-aggregated his neck in 2014 we’re just flukes?

Yes. Yes, you should. Because we've seen him play since then in preseason and he looks horrifically bad.

On 10/31/2017 at 11:56 AM, Dashing202 said:

I think we beat seattle the problem in that game is Wilson mobility and Jimmy gram exposing us .

Mobile QB and top flight TE ... oh, we're supposed to overcome our two biggest weaknesses even when we were fully healthy? Yeah, that could happen. O.o

On 10/31/2017 at 11:56 AM, Dashing202 said:

but if our OL is healthier and we can move the ball than we can win

It's entirely plausible that the only guy who was starting 3 weeks ago that will start in Seattle is Morgan Moses ... and he's playing on two bad ankles.

22 hours ago, turtle28 said:

IMO that would be a dumb opinion. It’s better to base what he could be based upon his most recent performances when he was healthy in 2014. 

As opposed to the preseason in 2017?

On October 31, 2017 at 2:31 PM, lavar703 said:

The redskins are never in on stuff like this. Bruce doesn't make trades, he won't pay anybody and he thinks he's a draft savant so anyone with talent we can acquire cheaply is still too expensive. Enjoy this ridiculous ride we're on with Bruce because it's not going to end anytime soon.  

Yes, let's go back to the days of Vinny Cerrato! No thanks! I'd rather hold onto our picks and take a RB in next years draft. The only trade I'd be willing to make is if we are moving a player for a player with a conditional late pick attached or if we could get a pro bowl player like TY Hilton. I like Adjayi but to think he's going to go wild behind this inconsistent run blocking OL is a bit naive. 

On November 1, 2017 at 6:16 PM, Woz said:

As opposed to the preseason in 2017?

That doesn't count considering who he was playing with and preseason really means nothing towards the regular season. Most wanted to give up on Kirk because of a few poor performances in just a few preseason games.

Archived