Colt McCoy as a replacement?

turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Yes, let's go back to the days of Vinny Cerrato! No thanks! I'd rather hold onto our picks and take a RB in next years draft. The only trade I'd be willing to make is if we are moving a player for a player with a conditional late pick attached or if we could get a pro bowl player like TY Hilton. I like Adjayi but to think he's going to go wild behind this inconsistent run blocking OL is a bit naive. 

Ajayi is a 24-year old pro bowl RB. What are you going on about? How is that in anyway similar to what Cerrato ever did? 

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That doesn't count considering who he was playing with and preseason really means nothing towards the regular season. Most wanted to give up on Kirk because of a few poor performances in just a few preseason games.

It's a more recent data point than three and a half seasons ago.

12 hours ago, Woz said:

It's a more recent data point than three and a half seasons ago.

I'd rather role with Colt than go dumpster diving in free agency. Odds are we would draft a QB high if Kirk leaves anyway so whomever we signed would just be benched once the crowd starts screaming for Allen/Mayfield/Darnold/Thorson.

On 11/7/2017 at 9:34 PM, lavar703 said:

Ajayi is a 24-year old pro bowl RB. What are you going on about? How is that in anyway similar to what Cerrato ever did? 

It’s just similar, Jason Taylor was an all-Pro de/OLB and that trade didn’t work out, mainly because of his injury. We traded for Brandon Lloyd who showed after he left us that he was a pro bowl caliber wr but Gibbs didn’t like his practice habits, so he didn’t play him.

I’d just rather continue to develop our team mostly through the draft than to trade away draft picks for players.

Also, Adjayi was struggling some behind the Dolphins ol and our OL is even more beat up, there’s no guarantee he would have come here and started ripping off 100 yard games, especially considering our pass happy playcaller.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It’s just similar, Jason Taylor was an all-Pro de/OLB and that trade didn’t work out, mainly because of his injury. We traded for Brandon Lloyd who showed after he left us that he was a pro bowl caliber wr but Gibbs didn’t like his practice habits, so he didn’t play him.

I’d just rather continue to develop our team mostly through the draft than to trade away draft picks for players.

Also, Adjayi was struggling some behind the Dolphins ol and our OL is even more beat up, there’s no guarantee he would have come here and started ripping off 100 yard games, especially considering our pass happy playcaller.

So mistakes made over a decade ago by people who are no longer here (heck two (Taylor under Cerrato) or three (Lloyd under Gibbs) regimes ago) should mean we do nothing now?

I'll admit In 2008 I was hyped about Jason Taylor . The skins came out of an impressive 9-7 season and was missing that playmaker on defense

a 2nd rounder was a lot for Jason Taylor but he had 10 sacks and a defensive player of year in 2006.

he just didn't care which is sad cus I was having high hopes for him.

we should have traded for Jared Allen which was a great trade for the Vikings 

Archived