The good, the bad, and the ugly V. The Iggles

Totty

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Really like how Leatherwood has settled in at OG. He handled his own against a monster of a DT in Cox. He got his weekly holding call in but he's been way better at OG. You actually see some growth and improvement. 

I don’t care who’s playing on the line as long as they block like they been doing these last two weeks. I was impressed by how Brandon Parker and Leatherwood held their own

• Like 1

Not much bad in week 2 of the Bissacia era, so I'll again be pedantic for the sake of it:

O-line can still improve a bit

I wish we blitzed more. We get a lot of pressure, but how many sacks could we have if Bradley actually blitzed every now and then?

We need a reliable RB1. Jacobs isn't reliable nor does he play like a RB1. We need to make him a high usage RB2 battering ram to wear down D's late. He absolutely has a place on the roster, but let's not kid ourselves about what his role should be. Any notion that the offense runs through him and not Carr has been unequivocally dispelled. Both Drake and Barber have been as effective, and neither is touted as some top tier RB. Let's find a home run hitter at RB and watch this offense really open up. I love what Carr has been doing, but without a reliable run game, it will eventually fall apart. 

We still let off the pressure a bit too much. This should have been a 40-14 type of shellacking again. But boy have we looked better without Gruden.

10 or 11 wins is absolutely manageable, maybe even 12. Carr should have little trouble carving up the Giants, Chiefs (2x), the WFT, Browns, and Donkeys (again). Frankly, the Bengals and Chargers games look winnable at the clip we're at. Dallas will be a tough outing and I think the Colts could be a bit problematic. When we don't come out flat as a pancake, we play very very good football, and thus far, we've come out anything but flat with Bissacia calling the shots. 

Gruden had a grand total of 4 10+ point wins since he came back, and Bissacia is already 2/2 in that regard. I don't know what adjustments he's made in the locker room and in game planning, but the difference to me is night and day. Guy stepped into as dismal a situation as you could throw someone into with the in season resignation in shame, back to back bad losses, a team coming out flat and uninspired, it being his first crack at manning the ship, and injuries and missing key components, and he's done a far better job than I think anyone would have imagined if they're being honest. I hope Davis just goes ahead and removes the interim tag sooner rather than later, because Rich Bissacia will absolutely be HC next year. I was skeptical at first and said his chances of being more than a placeholder we're slim to none, but he's absolutely won me over. 

• Like 1

Proud of the team man, we all have our opinions but at the end of the day winning is what matters and honestly through all the years of struggling and everyone here arguing amongst ourselves, I'm happy we all get to experience together. This team is special, let's enjoy this. Just win baby.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Gruden had a grand total of 4 10+ point wins since he came back, and Bissacia is already 2/2 in that regard. I don't know what adjustments he's made in the locker room and in game planning, but the difference to me is night and day. Guy stepped into as dismal a situation as you could throw someone into with the in season resignation in shame, back to back bad losses, a team coming out flat and uninspired, it being his first crack at manning the ship, and injuries and missing key components, and he's done a far better job than I think anyone would have imagined if they're being honest. I hope Davis just goes ahead and removes the interim tag sooner rather than later, because Rich Bissacia will absolutely be HC next year. I was skeptical at first and said his chances of being more than a placeholder we're slim to none, but he's absolutely won me over

In fairness, the last two teams we've played have been below average but full credit we've done what we should have done, looked like the better team throughout both and won comprehensively. We should really have stuck 40 on both and probably the scoreboard flattered Denver and Philly but we were in control for my at of both matches.

I agree with the above in that there feels something different with the team, maybe it's because teams usually reflect their leaders personalities and Gruden is manic and erratic, though I do rate him as an offensive mind. Bisaccia seems much more level headed, less impulsive and I think he'd like to set a consistent standard. I really like the guy though I think he needs a couple great coaches at OC and DC to help. We may be OK on that front, Bradley has won me over 100% and I've always liked Olsen. Thought he looked after Carr really well when he was a rookie even though he took a lot of criticism. Hopefully it'll be a situation similar to that when Gruden left last time.......we took his blueprint and just filed down the edges and it lead to a Superbowl appearance. I don't think we're good enough for that this year but under Bisaccia's consistent leadership we should make the playoffs and maybe cause an upset or two.

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

In fairness, the last two teams we've played have been below average but full credit we've done what we should have done, looked like the better team throughout both and won comprehensively. We should really have stuck 40 on both and probably the scoreboard flattered Denver and Philly but we were in control for my at of both matches.

I agree with the above in that there feels something different with the team, maybe it's because teams usually reflect their leaders personalities and Gruden is manic and erratic, though I do rate him as an offensive mind. Bisaccia seems much more level headed, less impulsive and I think he'd like to set a consistent standard. I really like the guy though I think he needs a couple great coaches at OC and DC to help. We may be OK on that front, Bradley has won me over 100% and I've always liked Olsen. Thought he looked after Carr really well when he was a rookie even though he took a lot of criticism. Hopefully it'll be a situation similar to that when Gruden left last time.......we took his blueprint and just filed down the edges and it lead to a Superbowl appearance. I don't think we're good enough for that this year but under Bisaccia's consistent leadership we should make the playoffs and maybe cause an upset or two.

I've seen people say this team has all of Gruden's strengths without any of his weaknesses. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've seen people say this team has all of Gruden's strengths without any of his weaknesses. 

That may be a very good analogy actually. And to be fair, Gruden did have a lot of positives but the negatives were big too. Maybe Bisaccia being a ST coach he's kind of been outside a little looking in and can see the whole picture? Maybe Gruden was too involved to see his own faults which often happens with intense, boisterous personalities. Bisaccia is clearly cut from a different cloth and that may be exactly what we need.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

We'll be able to really gauge this "new" team when they start playing above average to good teams. Weeks 10 to 12 will tell a lot.

One game at a time, the Giants should be healthy when we play them and they have some talent, gotta win that one. Then it's the Chiefs, Bengals, and Cowboys. All tough but winnable games.

2 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That may be a very good analogy actually. And to be fair, Gruden did have a lot of positives but the negatives were big too. Maybe Bisaccia being a ST coach he's kind of been outside a little looking in and can see the whole picture? Maybe Gruden was too involved to see his own faults which often happens with intense, boisterous personalities. Bisaccia is clearly cut from a different cloth and that may be exactly what we need.

Gruden was good at scripting plays but terrible with in game adjustments, IMO. Our special teams have always been good under Rich and based on what I've seen he has had the team playing very fundamentally sound football while leaving the offensive/defensive game plans/flows in Olly/Gus hands.

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

One game at a time, the Giants should be healthy when we play them and they have some talent, gotta win that one. Then it's the Chiefs, Bengals, and Cowboys. All tough but winnable games.

Yes but beating the Giants wouldn't tell me a lot more about this team.

Just now, oakdb36 said:

Yes but beating the Giants wouldn't tell me a lot more about this team.

It wouldn't say a lot but it's still an early east coast game which is a spot we've traditionally struggled in. And they should have Barkley, Toney, Golladay, and Sheppard back. We should blow them out and if we do I think it does  at least show that we don't play to the level of our competition and beat bad teams by a lot like we should.