Predict the Bears season

CBears019

Predict the Bears season  

22 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will the Bears have?

• 0-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-12
    • 13-16

Last year, the Bears won 3 games including losing 7 of their last 8 games.  I know there are some Bears fans who are optimistic that they can achieve close to 7 wins, but I think 5 wins is right around where their target is.  Mitchell Trubisky is going to start the year on the bench in favor of Mike Glennon, so expecting immediate production form him is likely unreasonable expectations.  I don't think there's been enough improvement by the Bears to push anyone in the division, I'd imagine they're going to be last in the division.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/16/2017 at 1:10 PM, CWood21 said:

Last year, the Bears won 3 games including losing 7 of their last 8 games.  I know there are some Bears fans who are optimistic that they can achieve close to 7 wins, but I think 5 wins is right around where their target is.  Mitchell Trubisky is going to start the year on the bench in favor of Mike Glennon, so expecting immediate production form him is likely unreasonable expectations.  I don't think there's been enough improvement by the Bears to push anyone in the division, I'd imagine they're going to be last in the division.

Yeah I gotta agree with this.  I think they will be better than last year, but only marginally.  I think they win 5-6 games max.

I picked 9-12. Total pipe dream pick and I own that. If our secondary is decent (and early returns are at least reason for optimism) I think our D could be really good though, and the Ravens have been winning 9-12 games a year with an average offense and good defense for a decade. 

A guy can dream...

I don't think Fox is going anywhere, he seems way, way too comfortable to be on a hot seat. Even Pace doesn't make it seem like he's in a rush to get rid of him, which is fine if the team looks like they're moving in the right direction.

I believe Fangio's contract is up after this season, right? What about Loggains?

Nothing about the passing offense can be considered threatening to another team. I don't understand the guard swap, it seems like that will only hinder things. If they can win the turnover battle consistently I can see 6-7 wins but if they are often on the wrong side which I predict they will be, 3-4 wins. Develop Trubinsky and look towards next year

3 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

Nothing about the passing offense can be considered threatening to another team. I don't understand the guard swap, it seems like that will only hinder things. If they can win the turnover battle consistently I can see 6-7 wins but if they are often on the wrong side which I predict they will be, 3-4 wins. Develop Trubinsky and look towards next year

Yes, it starts already.  ;)

6-10

I have little faith in Glennon and that is no secret. Same goes for our OTs (though I have no issue admitting he was a steal as a 7th, he is just a poor starter to me). The positive in that I feel like there will be marked improvement, and that we will be very competitive in all but 1-2 games. With those 3 playing average to mediocre ball and so much of the roster settling, that is saying a lot. I think we get to see what additions are worth more than just the one year flyers (Amukamara, J Howard, Cooper, Weaton, Cruz, Wright, Jenkins, etc) all will get a chance to show out. I figure 2-3 of them warrant another offer, hopefully one safety shows they are starter capable with high upside out of Jackson, Houston-Carson, Hall, and Bush. Shaheen and Cohen get to settle and grow into roles, and then we can see if McPhee, Houston, and Young can stay healthy/productive (if not we know a major point to focus on in FA/draft).

While I don't think Pace wants to risk wasting more development on Fox after making the deal for Trubisky, this is a year where Fox might make some noise and get another job helping rebuild a bottomfeeder team again. Like Denver, to take the next step, a better HC will be needed (especially for Trubisky). Maybe Fangio gets his shot as an interim HC if Fox doesn't do well, who knows. But this is a roster that has some talent and I think will prove to have only a few holes by season's end. That will be the big factor for Pace this year, as having the young QB, a team with minimal holes, a ton of cap flexibility, and a GM who is going to want to spend to win and secure his own job for the next several years all add up to being a hell of a coaching opportunity. As long as there isn't a Trestman over Arians ordeal, this season could really set the Bears up to make a significant jump next season.

• 3 weeks later...

Overreacting from preseason games, but:

The team has the talent to be a 9-11 win team if we where fielding a top 10 QB.... That being said, I have almost no faith in the WR grouping, and the OL depth right now.......  Points are going to be at a premium, ESPECIALLY if any of Leno/Whitehair/Sitton/Long are injured.

A hypothetical full season of Glennon I think is 6 wins as a ceiling... He's just shown absolutely nothing to inspire confidence thus far, his reads are late (or bad), his passes are inaccurate and lack in velocity, and he's not mobile.....

A hypothetical full season of Biscuits I think also nets us around 7 wins. He's going to need to use his vastly superior skill set and phsyical tools to compensate for his lack of experience.... Coverages and exotic blitz packages are going to cause him a ton of problems and he's going to make rookie mistakes.

Overall prediction for the season: 5 Wins

Glennon might get one of those wins, but he's going to tank us hard with his play.... Trubisky will get the nod mid season, but he's going to miss however many games Glennon wastes on the field, NOT experiencing exotic coverages and schemes, and thus delaying his progress, and setting us back more than if we just stuck firm to starting one the entire stretch....  I'm also incredibly skeptical that we can keep our best 4 OL on the field for an entire season, or that our passing game is even remotely threatening to an opposing defense, leading them to stack the box and shut down the run.  Finally, I don't think Loggains has demonstrated the aptitude offensively to shift into a higher offensive passing attack, if we do get down on points, likely as a result of the defense being asked to shoulder too much..

Best case scenario we're the KC-Cheifs from a few years ago, with a stellar defense and little-no passing attack. Sadly, I see this getting real ugly real quick, despite incredibly underrated combination of youth and talent this roster possesses.  The mismanagement of the Glennon/Trubisky situation sets us back half a season, and ultimately costs Fox and Loggains their jobs.... I'm hopeful Fangio ends up being retained (even if it means making him the new HC, as a means to keep him running the defense)

Archived