The aspiring musicians thread

riceman80

Just what it says. Wondering if there's anyone else in the forum like me. Whether you're in a full blown band, an experienced player, or learning to play/sing.

I've been playing drums since i was 10 and started dabbling in bass 5 years ago. It's my full blown passion and the ultimate catharsis for my life. Hope to one day be in a band as a full-time job.

A of my baby...

BLePDOY.jpg

And my Peavey Milestone...

L4mvpUA.jpg

I've played in a couple local bands but only really gave the life a short chance. But playing in front of a 1,000+ people was a pretty great rush. A song from the band i played with for a short time...

So who else is out there?

I used to be in a band for years, I played bass guitar but had to stop after I had back surgery.  I still own all of my equipment, probably should look into selling it eventually.  I don't have actual pictures of my stuff since I'm at the office.  Here's my setup:

I have several bass guitars

qcELFGb.jpg

This is my main 4-string that I play.  Its a Fender Jazz, I'm not sure if this model is still in production now but its equivalent to the Deluxe Active Jazz Bass that they sell now:

http://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-basses/jazz-bass/deluxe-active-jazz-bass/0143512300.html#start=1

5Rgvrs2.jpg

This is a 4-string bass that my wife gave me years ago when we were dating.  It looks pretty but I don't really like the way it plays so I rarely take it out of the case.  

$_86.JPG

This is NOT my Warwick but I don't seem to have a picture of it on my computer.  My Warwick Thumb 5-string looks just like this though.  Once I joined the main band that I played in I primarily ended up playing a 5-string so I really invested into a high quality one.  I love this bass it is amazing.  

tAmEa2d.jpg

This is my main amp for when we were performing or when we were in the recording studio.  I have a 8x10 SWR cabinet with a 2001rb Gallien Krueger head.  The other head on top of the 2001rb is an older 1001rb that I kept around in case I had issues with the 2001rb going out during a performance (it never did).  Also this is an old photo, I eventually mounted the head in a case and had an EQ and some rack mounted effects board too but I can't remember which one.  

DH09lLV.jpg

These are all the effects pedals I had, I eventually started replacing them with higher quality rack mounted effects.  I still have the Boss GT6-B (the big red one) as that thing is amazing.  

Archived