2022 Free Agents

NcFinest9erFan

Well I am bored and seeing that we will have 1231351681351 FAs next year, I thought we should have a thread to discuss players we should look at (yes, you, ALL FA CBs) for the off season.

According to overthecap, we'll have 34 mill in cap space with Jimmy cut/traded or whatever. 

One question I have is, is the Nick Bosa extension coming this off season?

I think most of our money will be tied up in Bosa. I don't see any big time moves for us this offseason. There doesn't seem to be a lot of players we could move off of to clear space at this point either. Could save ~ $4M by cutting Mack if his play doesn't warrant his contract, but from what I can tell, that's about it. We're stuck with Ford, Gould, & Armstead for at least next season. The Bosa extension probably won't start affecting us big time until 2023 I wouldn't think, but I'm not sure how much wiggle room we'll have. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Yeah the only folks I want us to take a look at in FA are CBs. Folks like Gilmore, Fuller, Chris Harris. 

That secondary is gonna look different again next year.....

Yeah I looked at Ford and Gould and there's a good amount of dead money for both so yeah we are stuck with them.

I was encouraged by Norman's play on Sunday...thought he did rather well. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 10:55 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

I was encouraged by Norman's play on Sunday...thought he did rather well. 

I think Norman is elite when the play is in front of him, average when he has to go deep. And guess what teams are doing to us these days...

• Like 1