"Diggs! Sideline! Touchdown! Unbelievable!" - Al Michaels, 10/31/21

Matts4313

2 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Fwiw. Only fans believe that Collins is an upgrade at LG. 

every single beat writer believes that Williams is much better than Collins at Og. 

I mean, it'd be a big change. He hasn't played guard, let alone on the left side of the o-line in a while. I like that they are at least going to give him some snaps to try it out, but I highly doubt he ends up starting any games this year inside. 

2 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

It’s been an hour, still not seeing this anywhere. Did you see him say it on TV? Not seeing a single tweet to corroborate. 

It was on ESPN (or maybe NFL network) when I said it. I literally typed it as he was saying it. 

Ian Rapport is also saying it right this second on NFL Network that "Collins will likely be guard" 

Edited by Matts4313

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

That he is literally starting at guard on Sunday? 

It was something more along the lines of "Expected to start at guard'

Not sure if you saw my edit, but Rapport also just said it on NFL network just 10 seconds ago. Something like "Collins is likely to move to guard".

I guess they are leaving a little flexibility, but it sounds like a go to me. 

13 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It was something more along the lines of "Expected to start at guard'

Not sure if you saw my edit, but Rapport also just said it on NFL network just 10 seconds ago. Something like "Collins is likely to move to guard".

I guess they are leaving a little flexibility, but it sounds like a go to me. 

Weird, I can find nothing on this on Twitter.

I have seen that he’s practiced both at LG and RT. And he’s listed as backup to both of those spots on our depth chart. But nothing about him potentially being the starter at LG. That would be big news, that isn’t currently spreading like big news.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:42 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

every single beat writer believes that Williams is much better than Collins at Og. 

I would say it depends on what shape he is in. If he was is peak physical condition in mid-season form(and he probably isn’t) then I would say he absolutely is an upgrade over CW at any position on the offensive line.

Williams isn’t bad on the move or reaching the 2nd level. He’s nimble for his size but struggles in the power game which this year he tries to cover by holding(2nd most penalized player in the NFL). 

Collins doesn’t struggle with power, is nimble for his size, and is an absolute meme as a pulling guard(something we haven’t seen in years). 

Collins also has a recent history of not being in shape though, and if he isn’t then he probably doesn’t upgrade the LG spot.

On 10/27/2021 at 1:42 PM, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I’m not confident that’s true.

Most of them think La’El is a better player at RT than he was at guard. And most of them think Connor Williams is a better guard than Steele is a tackle. And if you believe that math, then keeping La’El at RT would make the most sense.

But I would bet most beat writers and analysts would say, given the choice in a vacuum, they would take La’El to start at guard over CW.