Week 8 GDT - Chicago Bears vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, straighthate said:

I was thinking about going for two but think ones the right call. Forces bears to march down the field and convert for 2 to tie, which they’re just not a great offense. 

Anytime you have a chance to make it a 2 score game, you have to take it 

It's really that simple

Well the 2019 offense showed up. Just weird. I suppose you’d expect positive regression from Mr. Geezus given that he has previously been among the very worst QBs in the NFL this year, but this has been kinda nuts. To be fair, the quarters heavy look that the Bears prefer is his friend - it vacates the short and intermediate middle of the field considering it a less valuable place to throw. Maybe not the best against Jimmothy. 

1 minute ago, straighthate said:

I was thinking about going for two but think ones the right call. Forces bears to march down the field and convert for 2 to tie, which they’re just not a great offense. 

If you go purely analytics, I'm pretty sure it's an easy go for two, but obviously analytics don't contextualize. It's roughly about a 3% difference in win probability?