Week 8 GDT - Chicago Bears vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Tbh saints are a place I can see us trading Jimmy in the off-season. His skill sit fits very well with the Saints offense. I think for us to move Jimmy right now we probably have to cover his salary for a good portion of it. 

That's true, and I'd be ok with it too. We're basically on the hook for it anyway, so it's not a huge deal to me. I don't see us just outright cutting him during the season anyway, so to me that's already a sunk cost. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

That's true, and I'd be ok with it too. We're basically on the hook for it anyway, so it's not a huge deal to me. I don't see us just outright cutting him during the season anyway, so to me that's already a sunk cost. 

Yeah only way hes not on the roster is traded which isn't going to happen. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So I think Jimmy frustrates the CRAP out of Shanny with how limited he is and how he doesn't take advantage of the play calls....but he also knows he's only won with Jimmy at QB. That's probably where the respect comes from. 

I think you can respect Jimmy as a man, and respect him in a lesser capacity as a player. Jimmy has played with toughness and guts early on and throughout 2019, I'd say. Everyone in that locker room respects him for who he is. But as a play caller, you do have to consider his limitations and his mentality. It's not a lack of respect to consider that on any given play, Jimmy might not trust himself to take the deepest option, and will probably check it down far more than a more confident (or inexperienced) QB would. I think that we drafted Lance in order to expand the offence, because we know Jimmy, as an unquestioned starter, will tend towards being conservative and tentative. Now, we drafted his replacement. His future contract is now in the balance. He has to expand his level in play or lose his job. I expected Jimmy would be more aggressive this year. So far, it has taken 8 weeks before he became aggressive. But last night he played like he did in 2017. He was mostly fearless. Albeit, it is tougher to be fearless against a fearsome team, and the Bears weren't that fearsome. But it was nice to see him play with confidence, for a change. So I think it was finally much easier, after the game, to celebrate that guy everybody respects.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So apparently according to Cohn, he was told that the drive before halftime, Shanny went up to Jimmy and was like "can you do this? This is simple sh^t" and Lance was warming up.

Looks like Jimmy may have saved his job off that bomb he threw to Deebo lol. 

Makes you think Kyle was only going to give Jimmy a half and if the offense didn't roll Trey was going in. I think Trey takes over at some point vs the Cards or Rams. I hope it's the cards cause I'm going to the Rams Monday night game and rather watch Trey in person.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Makes you think Kyle was only going to give Jimmy a half and if the offense didn't roll Trey was going in. I think Trey takes over at some point vs the Cards or Rams. I hope it's the cards cause I'm going to the Rams Monday night game and rather watch Trey in person.

Oh, now I'm definitely thinking Lance could take over if Jimmy goes through another tough stretch. Makes sense after the Colts game where Shanny was just beside himself all game. I don't know how it came off on TV, but he was ticked all game long and just flat out frustrated. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean it's a tough block to make but we aren't the only team that runs that play. Woerner is someone I trust far more than Dwelley in that situation. 

I think the teams that run that play usually get a little more mobility than we got from Jimmy last week on that injured calf. The lone blocker on that side is little more than a pawn, a guy who simply impedes the defender's progress. Kittle doesn't only impede that guy, he usually eliminates him from the play, not because he's bigger or stronger, but because he's a more willing blocker and he has quicker feet than most TEs. Quick feet is usually the most underrated aspect of both pass rushing and pass blocking. The only way to avoid holding calls is to reset your feet as fast or faster than your opponent. And that's what George can do better than just about any other TE in the NFL. And honestly, the second best position player in the league at doing exactly that is probably Juice... so if you're to run that play without George, why not have Kyle back there?

And honestly, this week Jimmy looked like he was back at 100%, and had we run that play with him at 100%, maybe Aiyuk had a big play. But the combination of slowed down Jimmy with poorly blocking Dwelley should have removed that play from the playbook.

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh, now I'm definitely thinking Lance could take over if Jimmy goes through another tough stretch. Makes sense after the Colts game where Shanny was just beside himself all game. I don't know how it came off on TV, but he was ticked all game long and just flat out frustrated. 

Jimmy has a half of bad football left imo. We don't have the luxury of giving him full game to work through it. 

39 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Apparently Jimmy almost got benched yesterday. Like I said apparently lol 😂.

Watch the clip but here is a a summarization.

I guess after the field goal drive KP_show told Cohn to look at Kyle and Kyle was in a heated discussion with Jimmy for like 4 defensive plays Kyle wasn't watching the game. And supposedly Cohn has a source who over heard Kyle say this is simple ****. Then I guess Lance started warming up as if Jimmy was going to get benched. 

Damn some of ya'll just keep being played like a fiddle by Grant Cohn. But why???? Because you want to see Lance so bad? :)

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

I did mention apparently twice lol 😅

Aite. I don't even take a single thing Cohn says seriously at all at this point. His ability to be objective has zero basis in reality. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Damn some of ya'll just keep being played like a fiddle by Grant Cohn. But why???? Because you want to see Lance so bad? :)

No, I totally buy that. Shanny was just beside himself all game last week and threw his hands up a few times and just was venting to his assistant coaches more than a few times. 

And a few different people have said that they saw Lance warming up before the last drive before halftime. 

• Like 1