Week 8 GDT - Chicago Bears vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

24 minutes ago, John232 said:

I liked the idea of it, but I also liked it when I assumed Jeudy, Lamb and Wirfs were all gone before the pick. 

it hurts so much more now. 

Very painful! Lynch should start doing polls on the first and second round selections. We as forum have a better track record lol 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

Who knows what his actual leash is, but IMO he should be one bad game away from being benched

He'll be benched by his next injury. Whether that injury is real or not, it doesn't matter. At some point, he'll be "injured", Trey will come in, and Jimmy will remain on the injury report for a while, just so he wasn't officially benched because of his performance. Let's save face, people!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

He'll be benched by his next injury. Whether that injury is real or not, it doesn't matter. At some point, he'll be "injured", Trey will come in, and Jimmy will remain on the injury report for a while, just so he wasn't officially benched because of his performance. Let's save face, people!

I thought that's what was going to happen with his injury against Seattle. I have a hard time believing Lance was that hurt after the Arizona game too, which is interesting. His comments after the game seemed to suggest he felt fine and those clips from practice this week don't look like someone coming off a sprained knee. Better to not have him in a RG3 type situation though I suppose. 

1 hour ago, GW21 said:

I thought that's what was going to happen with his injury against Seattle. I have a hard time believing Lance was that hurt after the Arizona game too, which is interesting. His comments after the game seemed to suggest he felt fine and those clips from practice this week don't look like someone coming off a sprained knee. Better to not have him in a RG3 type situation though I suppose. 

yeah, my initial suspicion was that it was not a real injury for Jimmy. He did not sit on the bench hardly at all in the second half of the game. I was watching him closely with the binoculars and my seats are on the opposite side of the field, so the players face me when they face the field. Youd think with a calf injury youd sit down and stay off your leg. Nope. Dude was standing around, laughing, when we were down multiple scores in the fourth. Didnt look like he was in any amount of pain. It was infuriating to see him play like ***, then laugh when we are losing. Meanwhile warner is sitting on the bench behind him looking like he just had a family member get shot. Cant get that image out of my head. Such a stark contrast. 

@J-ALL-DAY said that the ball was floating more towards the end of the half in that game, but then also said that the ball was coming out with hardly any zip against the colts. I actually thought there was a few times where the ball had pretty good zip against the colts, relative to how it usually looks (lol). Thats why I was kinda saying that I wasnt happy with the fact he didnt tough it out against the hawks, it wasnt so noticeable in person because its not like he has a big arm. When I didnt know he was hurt, he just looked like he was playing poorly lol 

It was absolutely a real injury for Trey though. I can understand lying about Garoppolo's injury to not nuke his value, but there is no reason to do it for Trey. Pretty simple to just say that Jimmy will get the start when hes healthy. If anything it makes it look like we prefer Jimmy over Trey, which helps Jimmy's trade value. Starting Jimmy only because trey was hurt, then going back to trey when hes healthy hurts his value.

With that being said, It doesnt really make any sense to fake injuries. I dont think it sends the right signal to the team. I really dont think we are doing that. 

Aziz may not play because he has a concussion. Man, thats killer. The bears may be able to run all over us. The drop off from him will be massive. We are so thin at LB with no greenlaw.

Aziz has been unbelievably good for us this year. Looks like Takeo Spikes out there. If you would have told me 2 years ago he would be playing like this I would have told you that you were crazy. The colts game might have been his best game as a pro. He is phenomenal at shooting gaps and making disruptive plays. The burst this guy shows in coming downhill is 

Obviously with the way this team has played, there is NO reason to look ahead....BUT, this defense has played Murray and the Cards offense well as of late and Murray got banged up against the Packers. That could end up being a winnable game regardless of who starts at QB. Hopkins isn't healthy either and the Cardinals have a very late bye this season. Injuries could start derailing the team a bit and they have already lost Watt for the season. 

Random stat....Chandler Jones 5 sacks in week 1...0 sacks in the following 7 games. How is that even possible? Lol.