What's your heritage/ancestory?

Hunter2_1

Does everybody know theirs? 

I got mine done recently with one of those spit-kits from ancestry.com. You spit in a tube, send it back and they supposedly can identify your ancestry and trace the paths etc using halpogroup and mitochondria data. Some question it's validity, but I think it's legit. I came back as;

74% Western Europe (So, France, Germany etc)

17% Irish

8% British 

1% Russian (....woo)

trace of Caucaus mountain region. (Hi Genghis).

My last name has Scottish origins, I had a really red beard when I was younger but it’s more brown now. My great grandparents on my moms side are German immigrants. Pretty vague, I definitely want to follow up and learn more some day

I want to do one of those spit kits, was actually gonna get one for my wife for Christmas this year since she’s got a pretty unique makeup (Vietnamese/Native American/Italian)

I'm a child of immigrants so my immediate ancestry is clear: 3/4 German, 1/4 American White Mutt. I'd be curious what the unknown 25% would be comprised of. If some of my family is to be believed, it's a lot of Nordic, some French, with a splash of Asian steppe conqueror mixed in via ma boi

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Genghis

1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

I'm a child of immigrants so my immediate ancestry is clear: 3/4 German, 1/4 American White Mutt. I'd be curious what the unknown 25% would be comprised of. If some of my family is to be believed, it's a lot of Nordic, some French, with a splash of Asian steppe conqueror mixed in via ma boi

Did you know that if you're white or West/Central Asian (so, Russian and parts of China basically) there's a 1 in 65 chance that you're related to Genghis. I don't know if I can believe that, but if that IS true, then....he got threw a serious amount of work on his quest.....o.O

11 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Did you know that if you're white or West/Central Asian (so, Russian and parts of China basically) there's a 1 in 65 chance that you're related to Genghis. I don't know if I can believe that, but if that IS true, then....he got threw a serious amount of work on his quest.....o.O

1 in 200 men worldwide, which doesn't sound like a lot but it's quite remarkable:

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2010/08/1-in-200-men-direct-descendants-of-genghis-khan/#.WfdJbdenGUk

50% Italian

25% Irish

12.5% German

12.5% Dutch

But I am curious what ethnicities a DNA test would show. I am 100% Sicilian on my dads side. Sicily had many different inhabitors as they would stop on the island while traveling. Wouldn't surprise me if I had some African or Spanish influence from that.

Archived