Bucs (6-1) @ Saints (4-2)- Back To The Scene Of The Crime

ravishingone

Back to the Superdome.  The reward for endng Drew Brees career- Jameis Bowl I.  So many storylines for this game.

Bottom line- Bucs win the game, they take a real hold on the division.  Nothing better then in the 4th qtr Sean Payton looking up at the scoreboard with his blank stare.  

Discuss

14 minutes ago, indifference said:

Expecting to win

We know what needs to happen on D to create TO’s

Totally fine with a Winston deep shot he can have those all day bc we know thats a pick waiting to happen

I've watched a few Saints games this year. It's not the same Jameis we're used to seeing, as this whole offense is pretty conservative now. It's a lot of take what the defense gives you throws vs. the deep shots. 

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I've watched a few Saints games this year. It's not the same Jameis we're used to seeing, as this whole offense is pretty conservative now. It's a lot of take what the defense gives you throws vs. the deep shots. 

Me too. He’s throwing short a lot, what im saying is we need to sit on those routes and force him to beat us deep. Blitz and force rushed throws

• Like 1

It does appear the Saints passing game this yr is very similiar to the passing game last yr.  I would expect Bowles to play a lot of bump and run, much like the playoff game.

This game is all about Leftwich for me.  He needs to be better then Allen especially in the red zone.  The Bucs should get more red zone opportunities then the Saints, but they need 6, not 3 when they get there.

my thoughts are that

1. this game was circled on the calendar as soon as the schedule came out

2. a couple of players were held out of the Bears game because of this

3. Leftwich needs to figure out Dennis Allen however without Gronk and AB it would be a struggle. Those are the 2 players everyone needs to keep an eye on throughout the week.

4. Defensively you need Dean and David to play. Dean more important than David the way he is playing right now and what's behind him.

5. The Saints want to play it safe and not turn it over. They will dump it off to Kamara, so I expect Bowles to double him and take the occasional deep shot to Callaway or Smith.

I do think the Bucs win comfortably if they get certain players back. If they don't, it will be a low scoring slugfest.

47 minutes ago, indifference said:

Expecting to win

We know what needs to happen on D to create TO’s

Totally fine with a Winston deep shot he can have those all day bc we know thats a pick waiting to happen

the key is to get pressure if he takes the deep shot. He gets rattled quickly. If he has time he has a good deep ball.

2 hours ago, djw4bucs said:

We all saw last night, the saints offense is kamara catching passes and making plays that way, if we shut/slow down kamara we win the game, thats their offense it seems like.

This ^

cant believe the Seahawks didnt just stick a corner on Kamara or something

without dumpoffs to Kamara the Saints O is tragic

need to stop that, whether thats Devin on him or whoever

3 hours ago, TB Doug22 said:

Tough game regardless if there offense is just Kamara or not. Saint's DEF always gives us issues as well.

Having David back is crucial as our run defense looks average without him there.

rush defense EPA/play 

with David 1st

without David 26th

Surprisingly the pass defense ranks 3rd without David, so everything could come together when he returns.