Bucs (6-1) @ Saints (4-2)- Back To The Scene Of The Crime

ravishingone

9 minutes ago, Caaddy24 said:

Jameis obviously going to be out for revenge. I wonder if it makes him more dialed in or even more reckless in desperation to make plays. 

Payton's gonna give him a few ways to take deep shots. Just like he did last year.

But I don't imagine their dink and dunk offense will change much beyond that.

We've just gotta be ready for those few plays. They'll be the difference in the game.

Luckily, those are the plays Bowles has built his scheme to stop.

12 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Payton's gonna give him a few ways to take deep shots. Just like he did last year.

But I don't imagine their dink and dunk offense will change much beyond that.

We've just gotta be ready for those few plays. They'll be the difference in the game.

Luckily, those are the plays Bowles has built his scheme to stop.

I agree.  Brees killed them with his mind and accuracy.  Yr 1 as the starter for Jameis, he just does not have the game exp. in the offense. I expect deep shots with max protect from Payton, but not a lot.  If the Bucs don't give the Saints short fields, I like the Bucs chances significantly.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:44 PM, haveyoumetdustin said:

If we can get Lavonte and Gronk back that could be game changing for this matchup.. we've struggled in the red zone and need all the help we can get vs the Saints' D. Lavonte obviously will be huge with Kamara being most of their offense right now. 

I think the game very well depends on if Gronk returns. If he doesn't, I think we see a mirror image of the Bears game last year. Not even sure they have figured out Dennis Allen with a full arsenal of weapons, if you take half of them out, it's going to be a major struggle.

12 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I don t see Payton taking off the leash and letting Winston throw all over the field to try and exploit the secondary.  They know what is coming, just stop it.

The secondary isn't even bad. There seems to be perception out there that isn't true. 

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

The secondary isn't even bad. There seems to be perception out there that isn't true. 

I do believe the rush defense has been better then the pass defense.  The second Saints game Brees shredded the defense passing in the first half.  I don t believe Jameis has the accuracy or even the weapons to replicate it.  Gone are Thomas, Sanders. and Cook.  If the Saints continue to stay conservative, 3rd down efficiency will be vital.  They need to get off the field.

You got Winfield, Whitehead and Edwards at safety. That's probably a top 10 safety unit in the NFL.

Carlton Davis a stud and as we are seeing here Dean is not the average corner a lot of people limited him to,

Murphy-Bunting is solid. He is out but after a couple of games now you are seeing that Cockrell has found a spot as well and is playing good ball. Desir/Sherman/Delaney is really the one question mark right now and even with that, that secondary is above average. When Davis returns, this is easily a top 10 unit if not top 5.

I still shake my head about this current streak.  The team is currently 14-1 in the last 15 games.  This is by far the greatest streak in franchise history.  I am extremely biased to '02 SB winner, but they never had a streak like we are witnessing.  Enjoying the ride.

The Brady effect.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I still shake my head about this current streak.  The team is currently 14-1 in the last 15 games.  This is by far the greatest streak in franchise history.  I am extremely biased to '02 SB winner, but they never had a streak like we are witnessing.  Enjoying the ride.

The Brady effect.

It really speaks to what TB12 can do with a proper set of tools around him.  

• Like 1