Someone of an nutty question, but when a team is stacking losses, and fans are tired of hearing the same "excuses" from coaches/players after games in the presser, what do they want them to say?

TecmoSuperJoe

Good topic idea. 

TBH I don't know if anyone saw the Rich Bisaccia press conference but it was a breath of fresh air for me. Even though we won of course, it was refreshing to hear the attention to detail and break down of the game from the coaches perspective.

I don't want to hear platitudes and generic excuses such as; we must get better, must execute better, we're working hard etc. That is the minimum we expect!

I want to hear a coach explain what went right, what went wrong and run through some key moments. Plus, what are you going to do to rectify it? Obviously they can't give away too much in regard to what they are going to implement but I hate hearing the generic 'coach speak'. It means zip and is a politicians answer.

Edited by Darbsk

I’m mostly curious who actually listens to post game pressers knowing it’s all “coach-speak”, only further to complain about it. Sounds like a waste of time to me…

just don’t watch it haha - if anything exciting or insightful is said you’ll see it in the headlines within minutes

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy

On 10/26/2021 at 1:09 PM, pwny said:

Man it's crazy how much things have changed.  I literally could never imagine an NFL head coach having a rant like this after a game nowadays lol but then again, Jim Mora was a special breed.  We need more characters like this in sports.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

On 10/28/2021 at 4:29 AM, MWil23 said:

The same people griping about generic statements are the same people who complained and said that Dan Campbell threw Jared Goff under the bus a week ago when he said the truth, which is that the team needs to get more out of Jared Goff. The double standard is comical.

And for the record, Campbell wasn't wrong to say it, and I really don't care whether or not that's unpopular. At some point, you have to have broad shoulders and handle criticism, especially when that's something that basically every coach tells every player in every age group when they're playing. But somehow "going public" with that is crossing a line.

The level of critiscm is massive though, imagine how AJ Green feels ATM, he will be embarrassed, disappointed etc, no one should have that much blame assigned to them, no one has that much mental stamina for it. The coaches are protecting the sanity of their players IMO 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 11:31 PM, scar988 said:

As someone who sat through three straight years of 5+ game losing streaks with the Falcons, we wanna hear, " We just suck right now. We don't have it. We're working towards getting better, but the 1-0 mentality is what we need every week." Or something like that. Just accountability. Something Dan Quinn didn't have. When Arthur Smith lost two games to start his time here, he said something along those lines of, "I haven't coached well the first two weeks. This all starts and ends with me. I need to do better. The team needs to do better." And the accountability (and much weaker schedule the last 4) made a difference with the Falcons going 3-1 including a loss that they could have won.

You still good with Art? 

I think I've probably watched all of three pressers in my life. 

I honestly couldn't care less about what a coach, gm or player is saying when the team is losing or winning, so they can say whatever they want lol

I do appreciate the great ones that become memes 

On 10/29/2021 at 9:04 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The real question is why is anyone still watching press conferences when they know what types of questions and answers you’re going to get?

Because, once in a while... you get stuff like this:

And this makes up for ALL the duds beforehand.