Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

8 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I remember he had a laundry list of P5 offers. I was a little surprised he ended up at TCU. 

His recruitment was weird.  He had multiple final 3 lists he would use, and none had TCU on them.  It felt out of left field.  I don't think he ever really wanted to be there, so that might be playing in to why he is transferring.  He's a damn good back.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

His recruitment was weird.  He had multiple final 3 lists he would use, and none had TCU on them.  It felt out of left field.  I don't think he ever really wanted to be there, so that might be playing in to why he is transferring.  He's a damn good back.  

He looked set to commit to UF after UGA reportedly dropped him, but there was some issue that popped up that prevented it from happening.

5 hours ago, beekay414 said:

3rd rated pro-style QB in the 2020 class after DJU and CJ Stroud

Tough to figure how he'll do. Seems many of the QBs that transfer out of UT the last decade do well. He's been the third QB for two different staffs, but the first staff was the COVID year and Pruitt refused to not play Guarantano. Then he doesn't really fit the style for what Heupel wants.

13 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He looked set to commit to UF after UGA reportedly dropped him, but there was some issue that popped up that prevented it from happening.

He also looked like an A&M lock, at one point.  He kept delaying his announcement.  There was stuff going on behind the scenes.  I know he had to miss a game to take his ACT, so it may have just been academic, but then he was also kicked off his hs team.  It sounds like his grades have been great, at TCU, though.  So I'm just not really sure.  Maybe he's frustrated with his workload even.  Doesn't seem like a bad kid, but he keeps having these little red flags pop up around him.  

I don't even know if he is going to transfer, now.  It looks like it was potentially a non story about his social media, that caught traction.  Who knows what he's going to do.  He's an NFL back, if he can just not mess up, though.  

2 hours ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

He also looked like an A&M lock, at one point.  He kept delaying his announcement.  There was stuff going on behind the scenes.  I know he had to miss a game to take his ACT, so it may have just been academic, but then he was also kicked off his hs team.  It sounds like his grades have been great, at TCU, though.  So I'm just not really sure.  Maybe he's frustrated with his workload even.  Doesn't seem like a bad kid, but he keeps having these little red flags pop up around him.  

I don't even know if he is going to transfer, now.  It looks like it was potentially a non story about his social media, that caught traction.  Who knows what he's going to do.  He's an NFL back, if he can just not mess up, though.  

IIRC, weren't most colleges afraid he wasn't going to meet the academic requirements?