Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

44 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Word is the issues were off the field and academic which is what kept him in Saban’s doghouse.  If he didn’t drop that TD from Young in the Natty when he finally got his shot, we’re most likely back to back champs.  I know he took it pretty hard but it was just one play in a game of many missed opportunities. He’s gonna be WR4 at best at Texas but hopefully he gets some burn. 

We’re def young at WR but laced with talent. Leary looks like he’s taken the next step. Brooks didn’t play on Saturday but he’s gonna start.  Holden made some plays last year and will get burn.  Kendrick Law looks legit but is also a FR.  Everybody is raving about Anthony Anderson and Shazz Preston will arrive this summer. We’ll see which of these guys can get into the mix and make plays. 

We’ll likely go heavy on the running game and out RB corps is so much better than program in the nation that it isn’t even close.  But the OL really needs to gel first.  Once we get our 2 missing starters back (who didn’t play on A-Day and it showed lol) and we have Steen in the mix, that will certainly help. 

And our defense is going to be ferocious and might surpass the legendary 2016 team of pass rushers with Jonathan Allen, etc.  I can’t wait to see the package that has Anderson, Turner and Braswell on the field at the same time.  Opposing OC’s are gonna be ****ting bricks trying to stop this pass rush. 

Yeah that D should easily be the best in the nation.  Have Eli Ricks at one corner, arguably the best corner in the nation coming into next year if he stays healthy.  Then Kool-Aid at the other corner and behind him Theo Jackson who showed promise last year.  Return of super star slot corner Moore assuming he will be back off that injury, also have Brian Branch who is very good and Battle who is one of the best safeties in the nation along with Hellams returning.  DL still strong with Young coming back and Eboigbe and Dale, then of course Will Anderson Jr the best defense player in the nation and Dallas Turner who was standout last year.  Even To'o To'o back helps a lot.

The OL sure could have issues but McLaughlin really helped them last year when he became the starting center, curious if they try Dalcourt at OG.  Steen sure can help at OT but I do not know much about him, starting at Vandy is not saying much but will see.  Latham has a lot of upside and George is a huge dude and Knight has potential so one of them should do fine at that spot.  Cohen and Ekiyor are solid guards for the most part and those Brockermeyer's I assume one of those two will show out.  

Will be interesting how Bryce Young does with such an experienced WR group but I assume a freshman will show out and become a playmaker they really need.  Burton helps and is good but not sure he is a really great WR but will see.  Gibbs for sure could be a really great RB though.  

I did not see the Spring game going to have to check that out, granted Tim Williams looked amazing in the spring game more than once and he never really turned out, doubt Anderson is like that though because unlike Williams he can take contact and get off blocks and is generally a stronger player with a higher motor.  

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 7:04 AM, NateDawg said:

It’s Bama, they’ll be fine. Their D is going to be awesome this year. They may not be quite as explosive without Jamo but Saban basically filled any perceived “needs” through the portal. Spoiler: they are going to the natty again. 

Oh snap

On 4/22/2022 at 12:57 PM, thrILL! said:

Oh snap

Never heard of the guy before but I guess he was a 4 star recruit out of high school and Bama needs more receivers so good move by him.

Gerry Bohanon entered the transfer portal out of Baylor.  That is a shocker, dude is going to be a RS SR and potential starter but was beat out by RS FR Blake Sharpen.  Odd Bohanon looked great at times last year, legit athlete, thick build, strong arm and made a ton of plays, I think he could have really took a step this up coming year and become a much better QB but now someone will get a very talented QB pretty late in the game.  

9 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Never heard of the guy before but I guess he was a 4 star recruit out of high school and Bama needs more receivers so good move by him.

I don’t know much about him either altho I do remember the opening play vs FSU.  His 4th gear is insanely fast. 

7 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This isn't football, but yeah I think we can say the NCAA is dead as a governing body. Had a good run on life support.

More than anything, this is confirmation that THE U is dead and will never be back. Imagine having to transfer FROM Miami in the 1980s through early 2000s due to payment conflict and improper remuneration. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, there's a reason Emmert is stepping down and nobody viable wants the job lol

He's not stepping down, he has/had the cushiest job imaginable and never gave a **** before this. He was fired and is saving face publicly.

But yeah you know it's bad when the speculation is, "they'd love Condoleeeza Rice but there's no way they can get her". 

• Like 1