Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

This is just one of those things I would have to see to believe. Leaving Oklahoma for Wisconsin… Quarterback development, championship Pedegree, NIL, location, etc. I’m going to chalk it up as Internet rumors until somebody put pen to paper because it doesn’t make sense. 

The only way it makes sense is that we're hiring Bobby Engram for our OC spot and he's a family friend bringing NFL coaching pedigree with him. Who the hell knows? I don't even believe it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catcheryea said:

you wrote all this just to say wisconsin is a bad place for qbs? crazy

True but there are some around here that believe Wisconsin is the epicenter of all humanity.

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Maybe he should go to Minnesota since, you know, they have more NFL talent than Wisconsin.

If you put in some work, you might realize Minnesota is very likely to have more players drafted in the NFL draft than Wisconsin this year.  You finish a complete 7 round mock draft today, I did.  Thanks.  How much you want to bet they have more players drafted this year?  

26.  Tennessee Titans - Daniel Faalele Minnesota SR OT  
 71.   Chicago Bears - Boye Mafe Minnesota RS SR DE
185. Chicago Bears - Sam Schlueter Minnesota RS SR OG
193. Philadelphia Eagles via (Indianapolis) - Blaise Andries Minnesota RS SR OG
199. Carolina Panthers via (Las Vegas Raiders ) - Conner Olson Minnesota RS SR OG/C
205. Houston Texans via (Green Bay Packers) - Jack Gibbens Minnesota RS SR ILB
239. Detroit Lions via (New England Patriots) - Esezi Otomewo Minnesota RS SR DE
249. LA Rams - Coney Durr Minnesota RS SR CB

54.   New England Patriots - Leo Chenal Wisconsin JR ILB
114. Cleveland Browns - Jake Ferguson Wisconsin RS SR TE
165. Dallas Cowboys - Jack Sanborn Wisconsin SR ILB
234. New Orleans Saints - Scott Nelson Wisconsin RS SR S

I could be wrong on Durr, he could be a reach but the rest are all pretty legit prospects, sure I might be missing Bruss on Wisconsin I guess I could throw him in there might have to change that later, not sure he is anything more than a late round pick anyway.  Maybe one of those two corners, both are pretty overrated but it is a weak corner draft and corners are in a huge need so might have to throw Caesar Williams in there possibly as a late rounder maybe as well, Hicks not so sure about him honestly.  

Even with Bruss and Williams they still could be short but will see, I could be wrong.  I will have to update with those two in there.  Well done Byron.

10 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True but there are some around here that believe Wisconsin is the epicenter of all humanity.

That's true, which is why the Minnesota team thread is overrun with Wisconsin posters.

Oh, wait, sorry, it's the Wisconsin fan that's overrun with people who happen to have connections to the state of Minnesota, but aren't actually Minnesota fans.

But it's nice seeing you back here since you got the axe back. It happens so infrequently that it really makes your presence here a nice change of pace.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Caleb Williams to Wisconsin?

It could work, they could be in the playoff. They have a really good defense, a good OL and an absolute STUD at RB. They could get him and poach a few stud WRs from the portal or even entice one of his former OU teammates to transfer. 

That could be a juggernaut

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

That's true, which is why the Minnesota team thread is overrun with Wisconsin posters.

Oh, wait, sorry, it's the Wisconsin fan that's overrun with people who happen to have connections to the state of Minnesota, but aren't actually Minnesota fans.

But it's nice seeing you back here since you got the axe back. It happens so infrequently that it really makes your presence here a nice change of pace.

You talk about Wisconsin, talk about Wisconsin then when you are done talk about Wisconsin some more.  Sure can pretend to care about college football in general and watch a transfer portal wire but anyone can do that.

As for the talent, when I brought up the comment on Minnesota NFL prospects and the depth compared to years previous, that was about 4 or so years ago, maybe 5.  Either way when I said it they were 0-14 against Wisconsin so clearly there was a talent gap.  Since then they are 2-2, if that is not a sign of increased talent then what is it?  So I should go into your little thread and talk about it?  I did not but maybe I should have, but now I said something bad about Wisconsin in terms of NFL QB development and out you come.

Here is the real question, would you give you left nut to have Caleb Williams as your QB?  My guess is yes you would, especially after how the Golden Boy has played.

Care to discuss Utah and the future of their program or South Carolina and how that offense might look next year?  Of course you don't.  

Byron should like this one

avril-lavigne-waving.gif

43 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It could work, they could be in the playoff. They have a really good defense, a good OL and an absolute STUD at RB. They could get him and poach a few stud WRs from the portal or even entice one of his former OU teammates to transfer. 

That could be a juggernaut

Really good defensive coach yes but they lose their best two LBs in the middle and not sure they will replace them easily, lose their entire secondary as well.  Sure Benton comes back which helps and Mullens is decent, Herbig has a chance to be a 1st rounder most likely 2nd rounder with continued improvement but the rest is all a massive question mark.  So not sure they will be this standout defense but will see, Jay Shaw could help them a lot, one of the more talented corners on that roster in awhile but will only be there a year.

Good OL is also a question, this past year they were not great and they are losing some guys, Jack Nelson I like as a younger guard prospect.  Logan Brown who the hell knows what he is, has not looked great when he has been in there despite being one of the top rated OTs coming out but maybe he has wildly improved and not gets his chance.

They got Allen who is one of the best backs in the nation, Mellusi who is very solid as well and not sure what else in terms of something solid but sure some guys will step up.

Not sure they are National Title contenders though even with Caleb, maybe last year sure.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

You talk about Wisconsin, talk about Wisconsin then when you are done talk about Wisconsin some more.  Sure can pretend to care about college football in general and watch a transfer portal wire but anyone can do that.

As for the talent, when I brought up the comment on Minnesota NFL prospects and the depth compared to years previous, that was about 4 or so years ago, maybe 5.  Either way when I said it they were 0-14 against Wisconsin so clearly there was a talent gap.  Since then they are 2-2, if that is not a sign of increased talent then what is it?  So I should go into your little thread and talk about it?  I did not but maybe I should have, but now I said something bad about Wisconsin in terms of NFL QB development and out you come.

Here is the real question, would you give you left nut to have Caleb Williams as your QB?  My guess is yes you would, especially after how the Golden Boy has played.

Care to discuss Utah and the future of their program or South Carolina and how that offense might look next year?  Of course you don't.  

Byron should like this one

avril-lavigne-waving.gif

are the extra line breaks for dramatic effect or what

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:
13 hours ago, Ozzy said:

The poor guy has clearly never been to Madison, let alone in a night game at Camp Randall. He also probably hates dairy and dairy products.

3 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Really good defensive coach yes but they lose their best two LBs in the middle and not sure they will replace them easily, lose their entire secondary as well.  Sure Benton comes back which helps and Mullens is decent, Herbig has a chance to be a 1st rounder most likely 2nd rounder with continued improvement but the rest is all a massive question mark.  So not sure they will be this standout defense but will see, Jay Shaw could help them a lot, one of the more talented corners on that roster in awhile but will only be there a year.

Good OL is also a question, this past year they were not great and they are losing some guys, Jack Nelson I like as a younger guard prospect.  Logan Brown who the hell knows what he is, has not looked great when he has been in there despite being one of the top rated OTs coming out but maybe he has wildly improved and not gets his chance.

They got Allen who is one of the best backs in the nation, Mellusi who is very solid as well and not sure what else in terms of something solid but sure some guys will step up.

Not sure they are National Title contenders though even with Caleb, maybe last year sure.  

Clapping Applause GIF

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Clapping Applause GIF

MeagerBetterGuanaco-max-1mb.gif

How cute, an Ohio State fan teaming up with a Wisconsin fan, adorable.  

Maybe this running conversation with what 5 people can continue in the Badgers thread, a thread where 2500 of the 4500 replies are from TWO people.  Maybe you could be the third, but your Ohio State allegiance will not allow it.   Of course you have a soft spot for Wisconsin because Ohio State will beat them every single time they get to the Big Ten Championship, it is a win win for you.

Sucks to have likenesses of such funny people attached to such blah, John Stewart and Napoleon would not be pleased.  Rooney on the other had, I got her permission and she loves it.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The poor guy has clearly never been to Madison, let alone in a night game at Camp Randall. He also probably hates dairy and dairy products.

Velveeta is very good and is ideal for Mac n Cheese, melts so easily along with using it for a great chili chip dip, FDA considers it not a real cheese by the way which makes it so great.