Transfer Portal 2021-2022 Edition

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Definitely an assumption. If I wanted to subject my senses to something close to poop flavored water, I'd just indulge in whiskey, since it's readily available haha.

But for real, I've given whiskey it's fair chance and I just can't stand it. The high end stuff doesn't even come off as enjoyable. Just not my thing as much as beer isn't others. 

I'm convinced the reason why everyone was always so pissed off in the Old West was because all they had for alcohol was whiskey/bourbon lol. I'd be pissed too.

I'm curious about what kind of whiskeys and bourbons you've been drinking...... 

You're a red blooded American male who enjoys football so the odds are you enjoy smoked meats, right? I'd give Johnny Walker Black a chance if that's the case. Let it get nice and cold b/c room temp stuff is gross, no matter what you're drinking... hot chocolate being the exception. Maybe dilute it a little w/ some high quality H2O first so you can ease yourself into it's absolute wonderfulness. 

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Imagine bragging about the fact that your taste buds are inferior to the rest of the worlds'.

Rum, whiskey, tequila, brandy, if it isn't brown, there's no point to drinking it.

Oh god, you are amongst the lost too. Brown liquor is straight trash. Rum and brandy can fly every now and then but whiskey and tequila belongs in the toilet.

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I'm curious about what kind of whiskeys and bourbons you've been drinking...... 

You're a red blooded American male who enjoys football so the odds are you enjoy smoked meats, right? I'd give Johnny Walker Black a chance if that's the case. Let it get nice and cold b/c room temp stuff is gross, no matter what you're drinking... hot chocolate being the exception. Maybe dilute it a little w/ some high quality H2O first so you can ease yourself into it's absolute wonderfulness. 

I've literally tried everything from low end, high end, room temp, chilled, watered down, scotch, bourbon, rye, whatever, you name it. I just think it all tastes flat out disgusting. There's nothing redeeming to it for me. Like, I can't drink it without initially feeling the sensation to vomit. It's that gross to me.

Edited by beekay414

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I've literally tried everything from low end, high end, room temp, chilled, watered down, scotch, bourbon, rye, whatever, you name it. I just think it all tastes flat out disgusting. There's nothing redeeming to it for me. Like, I can't drink it without initially feeling the sensation to vomit. It's that gross to me.

OK, OK, fine... you like beer a lot (which is disgusting) so maybe you need a Jameson Caskmate. You had those?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

half a like for accurately calling tequila piss

He's right about colored tequila. I do enjoy a nice clear one though, at times. It's not like whiskey or bourbon where I can just let one sit on a giant ice cube for 10 minutes and drink it whenever. I have to be in the mood for tequila.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Clear liquor is for people who don't like liquor and want to hide it in their drinks.

I can appreciate a fine tequila blanco or a good gin with a quality tonic syrup (appreciate the advice on this from @MrDrew) and I can even do vodka/club soda with a lime when I'm doing low carb dieting - but outside of those examples, you're right.