Week 8: @ J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

THE DUKE

15 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

I fully expect a beat down. This team is changing the culture of expecting the worst to happen. Joey B has been everything this team has lacked since the early days of Carson Palmer. As much as I liked Dalton, he just never was it. 

Even in 2015, I never expected Dalton to go into a game and just whip a teams ***. IT was always missing.

• Like 1

Biggest reason why i don't expect letdowns anymore (at least regularly, it'll happen from time to time):

After the last game media outlets reported that the players were *psyched* headed back to the locker room.  Hollering, cheering, etc.  It was a LIT locker room.

Joey B and Chase are the last ones to make the walk to the locker room, and were reportedly just talking quietly to each other. 

This was business to them, and it's on to the next.

10 hours ago, Johnny Nix said:

That was a hard one to watch. We literally gave up 400 yards passing to a guy that dinked and dunked his way down the field. Just maddening really. Then we go up 31-20 with 7 minutes left and can’t close. Crazy

couldn't watch the game, but i wouldn't bet on Burrow turning the ball over in a critical situation very often.  seemed like a fluky loss.

17 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

Wow. Sweet that the Jets player can hit our guy with his helmet and get gifted 15 yards

The Jets player literally had to almost dive straight down to initiate the helmet to helmet contact, and they call the penalty on us. If they don't think teams are trying to exploit this rule, they are crazy.

1 hour ago, THE DUKE said:

The Jets player literally had to almost dive straight down to initiate the helmet to helmet contact, and they call the penalty on us. If they don't think teams are trying to exploit this rule, they are crazy.

Player safety is important. You can't leave it up solely to the defender. Offensive player needs accountability too. Clearly initiated by the running back. I do like how Zac handled it after. Play better and those things don't matter. Seemed like a very fluky game.  Aside from how we always like making first time starters look amazing. Unusually bad tackling and unusually bad Offensive line play. And a Jets team that played harder than expected.