WEEK 8: 3-4 Denver Broncos vs 2-5 Washington Football Team - Sunday 2.25pm MDT /// 4.25pm EDT

Dbrog24

1 hour ago, bMiller031 said:

I was thinking about this very point - how many guys currently w/ the org are absolute locks to be here beyond next season?  I would think Paton is very likely to be here + Javonte Williams, Jeudy, Hamler, Albert O, Fant, Bolles, Cush, Meinerz, Simmons, Surtain, Stearns.  Everyone else is either a TBD, expiring, underwhelming, or is a Elway-legacy guy.  This team could have a VERY different look and personality next year but especially the year after. 

I hope we do

If Jeudy doesn’t play our O is likely as lifeless as we’ve seen the last 4 weeks.   If Von doesn’t play we have no pass rush.  Even if he plays he could be nowhere near peak effectiveness.  

Things could get really ugly in a hurry if we don’t have either guy.

Edited by Broncofan

26 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

If Jeudy doesn’t play our O is likely as lifeless as we’ve seen the last 4 weeks.   If Von doesn’t play we have no pass rush.  Even if he plays he could be nowhere near peak effectiveness.  

Things could get really ugly in a hurry if we don’t have either guy.

Count me in the “hoping Jeudy plays and Von doesn’t” camp so we don’t accidentally win but JJ gets back to kicking a**.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 9:07 PM, grizmo78 said:

I'd be curious to see those ratios if you remove the 4th quarter. We've been down 3 scores vs the Raiders, Steelers by the start of the 4th quarter, and down 2 scores by the start of the 4th quarter vs the Ravens and Browns. That is naturally going to skew those overall ratios. 

My sense from Shurmer is that individually, the plays are designed well, but he has no feel for the game and doesnt string plays together to create confusion, or set up other plays in the future. That is something good OCs do. 

From the Browns -

1st quarter - 1 pass - 2 runs

2nd quarter - 9 pass - 4 runs

3rd quarter - 12 pass - 5 runs

4th quarter - 15 pass - 3 runs (two were scrambles by Teddy)

• Like 1

Soon as I say that, the combo of Teddy/Shurmur rears the ugly head. A horribly designed RPO that got blown up by a 20-year old blitz design by JDR and the followed by some rushed zip screen attempt. 

Shurmur has no idea. Whatsoever. In any way, shape or form. Of how to string together plays. He’s limited by Teddy, yes, who is gun-shy and prone to get rid of the ball 1/2 second after he has it in his hands absent a max-protect play, but even still. 

At least team MVP McManus gets us 3. But this is sickening. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican
  • Like 1

This is really a prime example of what Shurmer's changed the offense to in all of our losses. So far we've dropped back to pass 10 times with 2 sacks and 4 completions. We've run the ball 5 times with a 4.4 ypc.

67% pass, 33% run, even with a successful running game.  We don't have the team or QB to do that.