Texans trade RB Mark Ingram to Saints; Signs 1 year extension

RaidersAreOne

7 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Lol 2024 7th

So much for building a culture or stockpiling picks...  Neither of those things happened here.

I mean... at this point, the Texans FO HAVE to know they're incompetent, right? This has to be willful ignorance at this stage, they have to KNOW they're dumb as a box of rocks.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So much for building a culture or stockpiling picks...  Neither of those things happened here.

I mean... at this point, the Texans FO HAVE to know they're incompetent, right? This has to be willful ignorance at this stage, they have to KNOW they're dumb as a box of rocks.

They seem to be the gift that keeps on giving for the rest of the league.

• Like 1

I thought it was a good deed by the Texans.  Considering the compensation, they probably wanted to cut him anyway to give other guys more reps.  And even if they didn't want to cut him, Ingram was going to be stuck on a losing team.  Now he's back to the team that drafted him, to a city he probably loves, and has a chance to make the playoffs in what will almost certainly be among his last years in the league.  Makes no difference to Houston because Ingram isn't a difference maker on the field, and now there's a veteran in the NFL who will tell people that the Texans did right by him.  

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Its much worse than just a future 7th rounder.

They burned cap and ate money to extend him first.

You can extend cap money forward so this hurts the team for years to come.

Nick Caserio is just plain bad at his job.

I like him, in this instance.

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Now he's back to the team that drafted him, to a city he probably loves

certainly a city that loves him.. hardest loss to swallow in recent memory, maybe the toughest loss of an active player in Payton’s entire tenure. 

Payton brought Deuce McAllister back for a playoff game. He never suited up, it was just a gesture, but it got Reggie Bush fired up. Reggie brought a baseball bat engraved with “Bring the Wood” to the Cardinals game, pregame he was clearly in a different zone than we’ve seen, he was walking around like he was looking for a fight, he made one of the nastiest cuts of his career in that game too.

This is a bit different since Ingram will be playing and the Saints aren’t close to what they were when Duece was brought back, but there’s no doubt in my mind that Ingram was brought in for the intangibles he brings, mostly as a hype guy for the offense and crowd.

Kamara and Ingram were good buddies, Ingram was always a great hype man for him plus any halfway decent carry by Ingram will get the Saints home crowd raucous now that he’s back. 

6 hours ago, iknowcool said:

and has a chance to make the playoffs in what will almost certainly be among his last years in the league.  Makes no difference to Houston because Ingram isn't a difference maker on the field, and now there's a veteran in the NFL who will tell people that the Texans did right by him.  

yeah I don’t expect much, but we were getting by with Tony Jones Jr and Devine Ozigbo