Texans trade RB Mark Ingram to Saints

RaidersAreOne

listen, i called this and im the smartest person in on the planet and a football genius

edit; did i mention how massive my chungus brain is

edit2 : WAIT I CALLED HIM TO THE RAVENS. Crud. My brain is so small rn

Edited by tab
  • Like 3

i saw someone made an interesting point.

I couldn't figure out the point of all these one year prove-it deals, but now I get it.

You give them half a season to prove it, then trade them for draft capital before they are a free agent.

We are basically a tanking team for showcasing players to trade to other teams.

Edited by Texansfan713

23 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

This doesn’t do much. His loss doesn’t hurt us and I’m not sure what we got back in return but it doesn’t appear to be anything of value. 

it gets a better player back on a contender. Good for him. 

It's clear that guys in the building aren't happy. For a team praising culture, they have a very toxic one right now... 

What do you do from here? Another purge?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

We are basically a tanking team for showcasing players to trade to other teams.

But then we trade those picks for guys who won't be here (Anthony Miller, Ryan Izzo, Ryan Lindley, etc).

If we were hoarding picks, I'd believe this. We're throwing picks away as quickly as we're picking them up...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's clear that guys in the building aren't happy. For a team praising culture, they have a very toxic one right now... 

What do you do from here? Another purge?

No team that is as Bad as we are has a good culture. We have a coaching staff that is transitional at best. We got lucky week 1 and haven’t really be competitive in most of our games since. We are staring down 1-16 or 2-15. 

this is all good news. Lets have a fire sell. Cooks posting stuff because he wants to be sent to a contender. Get a 3rd round pick for him. 

let the young guys play. This season is a wash anyway. 

19 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

let the young guys play. This season is a wash anyway. 

Honestly, at this point - do you trust ANYTHING that this FO is going to do? Even if there is a litany of picks and a haul for Watson, do you see this FO doing anything positive? 

If you do, you're braver than me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theskawks said:

So, Texans fans, who has more upside for the rest of the season, Phillip Lindsay or David Johnson?

David Johnson imo. I wanted to believe in Philip this year but he's not as elusive as I thought he was

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tab said:

David Johnson imo. I wanted to believe in Philip this year but he's not as elusive as I thought he was

He runs straight into the pile - no vision, no feel for where the hole is - he runs where the play is designed to go, nowhere else. 

This works if you keep him strictly to outside runs...

• Like 2