Texans trade RB Mark Ingram to Saints

RaidersAreOne

I know I mentioned this before, but it needs repeating. As a long time fan, I root for my team to win...regardless. I am not one of those fans who wants to see my competition fail, unless of course our two teams are playing each other. I take no joy in what Texan fans are going through. It's crap. 

Even when my Colts were having the 2-14 years, I still had pride and hope for the future....and you all are having to suspend joy till some unknown time in the future. I honestly feel bad...for all of you. We are all suppose to have our down time...where our team rebuilds for a future run. This isn't down time, it seems like free floating for ya'll with no where to anchor. 

All I can say is, hang in there if you can. I look forward to the day when our teams are rivals again, with much at stake. As a fan of the NFL for 50 years, it does get better eventually. That I am quite sure of. 

TIis.gif

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Warhorse said:

All I can say is, hang in there if you can.

I'll be honest, I've pretty much lost all hope - but you have experience I might need to draw on:

How do you live with an incompetent owner such as the Irsay family? That's really where my pessimistic view comes from, knowing that Cal McNair is an idiot who will find a way to make a bad situation even worse.

Jim Irsay has his share of gaffes and misplays - what kept you going in the face of that?

Appreciate the kind words, good sir. Happy to see the Colts back on track, you're one of the better fans on the site - love what you bring to our little world!

45 minutes ago, Marco79 said:

Keeping Ingram for the sake of “culture” would have made more sense than this. 

At least I'm not the only one who sees the nonsense eminating from this FO.

Don't try to sell me on a rebuild/stockpile of picks or a culture move - this reeks of Ingram falling out with this entire process/FO and sent away for nothing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

I'll be honest, I've pretty much lost all hope - but you have experience I might need to draw on:

How do you live with an incompetent owner such as the Irsay family? That's really where my pessimistic view comes from, knowing that Cal McNair is an idiot who will find a way to make a bad situation even worse.

Jim Irsay has his share of gaffes and misplays - what kept you going in the face of that?

Appreciate the kind words, good sir. Happy to see the Colts back on track, you're one of the better fans on the site - love what you bring to our little world!

Actually , Jim has done a pretty good job. He is nothing like his father.....nothing. But how did I keep faith after the Colts moved in 84? I was not from B-more, but I fell in love with the horseshoe...the brand. To me, it was bigger than the ownership. I don't know if that helps, but it's true. I see a lot of fans, even Colts, who feel embarrassed by the actions of their owners. Personally, I find that silly. I believe in the logo, and support it. I will call whoever out when they stumble. I was very vocal in my disappointment of Mathis getting popped for taking a controlled substance....and  I was and still am a huge Mathis fan. In 50 + years of following a team, there are a lot of peaks and valleys. 

I hope you guys are climbing out of the valley soon. BTW, I appreciate you as well. You are one of the few level headed posters on here. I am a huge JJ watt fan, and he was he face of the NFL for  a time. 

• Like 1