Who would you go after?

BigD1123

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I pounded the board for Wright and I would support Hicks also.  I do think Hicks would cost more this year than Cox.  Hicks would cost $5.2 million the rest of the year.

I would love to add more talent to our DL. The Lions are reportedly shopping Trey Flowers who was very good for the Patriots but hasn't lived up to his contract with them. 

It is all the restructure, signing, and option bonuses the Eagles have already paid and would escalate to this years cap.

4 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

It's the sum of all the bonuses which would stay on Philly's books.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm all in on adding some more veteran DL talent. Who are some other guys we could reasonably acquire?

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Thanks for the clarification. I'm all in on adding some more veteran DL talent. Who are some other guys we could reasonably acquire?

I will have to look tomorrow.  Got a long day tomorrow but what I can say right now is we need some longer term solutions than guys that are just going to be with us this year.  We do not have a single DT signed for next year.  Good night gentlemen.

I will have to look tomorrow.  Got a long day tomorrow but what I can say right now is we need some longer term solutions than guys that are just going to be with us this year.  We do not have a single DT signed for next year.  Good night gentlemen.

Trey Flowers seems like an option although his big deal brings more rest. Have a good night Brodie

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I would love to add more talent to our DL. The Lions are reportedly shopping Trey Flowers who was very good for the Patriots but hasn't lived up to his contract with them. 

Flowers is a strange one to me. He's not really a bendy, speed rusher, more of a Ferrell type base DE so not sure how he'd fit as a rotation end really. He's obviously a better player than Ferrell and I do really like him as a player but for his cost plus trade I don't think he'd be good value for money, if we're trading for a rotation end then surely were looking at a guy like a Melvin Ingram to spell Ngakoue or Crosby?

OL or a real big impact DT might be the position that would help the most IMO. How about one of the Washington DTs? I'd be open for any real top quality player though almost regardless of position to help the playoff push, I think we could make a big boy move.

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Flowers is a strange one to me. He's not really a bendy, speed rusher, more of a Ferrell type base DE so not sure how he'd fit as a rotation end really. He's obviously a better player than Ferrell and I do really like him as a player but for his cost plus trade I don't think he'd be good value for money, if we're trading for a rotation end then surely were looking at a guy like a Melvin Ingram to spell Ngakoue or Crosby?

I think you'd move Flowers inside like they've done with Solomon Thomas. 

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think you'd move Flowers inside like they've done with Solomon Thomas. 

That's interesting, I was a huge fan of Thomas as a 3T coming out of college so I think he can be a real asset moving forward, I think everyone sees his Wright and thinks he's going to get pushed around but he's really, really strong in there and plays with great leverage. Not sure Flowers would flourish there though he is stout and plays with good leverage too. They could be very similar players........