Week 8 GDT Dolphins @ Bills: Squish the Fish Pt. 2

Nick

With @Trentwannabe gone for a bit, figured I'll start this one up.

Bills (4-2) host the struggling Dolphins (1-6)

Hopefully we come out strong after the bye and fulfill expectations of dominating the next few weeks. 

josh-allen.jpg

Previous Meeting:

Week 2: Bills 35 @ Dolphins 0 

Quick Thoughts:

Bills are home favorites -13.5 against a struggling Dolphins team. I see us covering that.

I think the Bills get back on track defensively and limit the Dolphins to one score and a few field goals. Last time out the Dolphins were smothered early, resulting in Tua being replaced due to injury early in the first quarter. In fact, I was more worried with Brissett in the game lol. I expect much of the same despite the fish having shown improvement pass blocking. If Jackson is out there, we have to take advantage as he's been a major disappointment and problem for them. Rousseau, Hughes, Epenesa and Co. could have a nice day out there again.

Tua has been putting together decent looking numbers if your a box score watcher, but they are quite deceiving. They struggled against an awful Jaguars team, and are coming off a disappointing loss to the Falcons in the final seconds. I expect them to play better than they did in week 2 but still struggle to score much against our defense. Jaylen Waddle, Myles Gaskin and Mike Gesicki are the guys to watch. They've been picking up steam since our last meeting.  

Offensively for us, don't see any reason they should slow us down, especially with the banged up MIA secondary that loves man-to-man defense. We've been scoring with ease. I'd like to see better conversation rates in the red zone, we've ended drives in far too many field goals. Interested to see how we look without Knox. Expecting to see more of Gabriel Davis in the passing game with 4-wide sets. Hopefully the offense feeds off the home crowd and gives them another good show.   

Prediction:

Bills 38
Dolphins 13

GO BILLS!

Edited by Nick

Hopefully we're hungry coming out of the bye after that tough to swallow loss. 

It kind of reminds me of the 2020 season after we lost on the Hail Mary to Arizona and went into the bye.. after that, we came out and essentially ran the table the rest of the way. 

I'm hoping that's what happens here. Our schedule is super favorable for the next month and we really need to go 6-0 in the next 6 to position ourselves for the #1 seed and bye. 

Next 6 opponents : vs. Miami, @ Jaguars, @ Jets, vs Colts, @ NO, vs NE. 

14 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

Hopefully we're hungry coming out of the bye after that tough to swallow loss. 

It kind of reminds me of the 2020 season after we lost on the Hail Mary to Arizona and went into the bye.. after that, we came out and essentially ran the table the rest of the way. 

I'm hoping that's what happens here. Our schedule is super favorable for the next month and we really need to go 6-0 in the next 6 to position ourselves for the #1 seed and bye. 

Next 6 opponents : vs. Miami, @ Jaguars, @ Jets, vs Colts, @ NO, vs NE. 

Expect us to be heavy favorites against all those teams. I agree, we should come out hungry and ready to run the table. Only team we should have trouble with will be Tampa Bay if we manage to stay healthy.