Mid Season: State of the Nation

big_palooka

Clean house?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Raiders look to replace Jack Del Rio?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Rolni said:

The thing is that I would only keep JDR if he is able to put together a quality coaching staff.

The other thing is that he fails to do so for many years now as a HC, which should worry us IMO.

The best option which I can think of right now is if the Bucs fire Koetter and JDR bring in his old duo. Koetter as OC and Smith as DC. 

Wouldn't be a flashy hire, but I would be willing to give JDR a year with those guys. Neither would be a top coordinator, but both would be a veteran guy, with a proven back ground.

Koetter should absolutely be better then Downing and Smith is also would be an improvement over Norton.

At DC Pagano could be an option, but the fact that he is already here and the D is pretty much the same makes me uncertain about him.

Who else could be realistic option?

The one thing I would say about koetter is that he runs a style of offense that I believe we are already running in part. This article explains and provides other links that take it further in depth. But Koetter 4 vert offense is what we run a lot of imo. Especially in the last 3 games is it evident. He would just have far more experience teaching and calling it than Downing.

https://www.bucsnation.com/2015/6/12/8774753/getting-to-know-koetters-new-buccaneers-playbook-the-4-vertical

Archived