Week 8: Bengals vs Jets

Bobby816

52 minutes ago, xrade said:

I saw some PFF grades for some of our players.  What a load of crap.  I will ask that none of use PFF as a means to attach a number for the way a player performs in a game.

I laugh when people say PFF has him at this spot. This is like in fantasy football my guy projects to get 15 points. That does not mean anything. I go by my eyes and my eyes only. I do take in account what people say like on this board and other information but I just go by what I think. If they guy is good but does not put up stats he is a low grade for PFF. i use DL and LB on this. If you have a guy that gets really close to a sack a lot but just can't get there this scares the QB and makes him move. This stat will not show up. 

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I laugh when people say PFF has him at this spot. This is like in fantasy football my guy projects to get 15 points. That does not mean anything. I go by my eyes and my eyes only. I do take in account what people say like on this board and other information but I just go by what I think. If they guy is good but does not put up stats he is a low grade for PFF. i use DL and LB on this. If you have a guy that gets really close to a sack a lot but just can't get there this scares the QB and makes him move. This stat will not show up. 

PFF graded Q poorly.  The sack on Burrow on that 4th and goal was huge.  If he was not able to pressure Burrow like that, who knows how the game could have ended.  

There is a stat called EPA that does just this.  You can read about it here:  https://www.the33rdteam.com/epa-explained/

3 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

It’s a ridiculously flawed grading system that I don’t even acknowledge anymore. The guys that run that data are also condescending arrogant jerkoffs. Anyone who pays for their stats it’s getting ripped off. 

42 minutes ago, Johnny Nix said:

Good game Jets! You guys clearly came to play! I’m not gonna lie that helmet to helmet call had me pretty angry, but it shouldn’t have come down to that. Good luck hopefully you can stack a few more wins!

If you look at our GDT I was equally as pissed what a piece of $h!t call. Great game but yeah that was a really bad call. NFL officiating is down right abysmal and their constant rule changes and ambiguous interpretations to their rules make for consistent inconsistencies. The league has to do much better. Good luck the rest of the way. Would love to see you win the division. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Nix said:

I’m not gonna lie that helmet to helmet call had me pretty angry, but it shouldn’t have come down to that. Good luck hopefully

Most of us, at least in this forum, we’re shocked at the call. It was stupid. However, the Jets have been getting the crappy end of the stick for years. The most egregious was the no call against Sam last year (roughing the passer). Or the BS roughing calls against Q, again, last year. Then there are the holding calls by our DT. How does anyone see holding in a scrum?

It does not make the BS call against Taylor? anymore wrong, but we Jets fans we’re glad to finally get a call FOR us. BTW, I was almost certain they were going to call it against Ty.