BDL 2021 Week 8 - Cancun Kaiju @ New Orleans Jazz

SirA1

Who Wins?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Cancun Kaiju
    • New Orleans Jazz

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/04/2021 at 03:59 AM

Just now, bcb1213 said:

no i trashed Neals size, I said quincy williams was an edge player masqueriding as a LB for the injury deprived jets

Is he though? It seems he's been playing a traditional LB role since he's gotten into the league. I don't know a ton about what Jax had him doing though.

Just now, Jlash said:

Is he though? It seems he's been playing a traditional LB role since he's gotten into the league. I don't know a ton about what Jax had him doing though.

He's virtually been a rush linebacker his whole career.  He had the old bruce irvin role from the seahawks defense in the Jax version of the cover three

• Like 1

I actually really like Cancuns idea to go run heavy and double up on Jeffrey Simmons in this one. Problem being NO was ready and went with a heavy defensive front to combat their smaller LB's, and Bosa on Vaitai is going to be an issue in pass pro I think once Mahomes is forced into some 3rd and long situations, helping is smart there from blue, but Bosa should still have an impact.

Creative run concepts from NO as well, mixing those in was a good touch. Getting Gilmore back for that D is a big boost for sure.

Two top 5 QBs and we’ve got a defensive game. I’m a big fan of the backfield Cancun has. It’s such a difficult prop to matchup with and blue should maintain that in the future as he gets his auxiliary pieces.

I am not a fan of the New Orleans gameplan but it’s not a big problem when guys like Hopkins can be your WR3 and still produce within your gameplan.

I’ll go New Orleans by 7-10 points.

2 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Fwiw I only put Hopkins as WR3 because he was pretty limited IRL by his hamstring. He would be WR1 in ordinary circumstances even if Samuel and Moore have been playing at an all-pro/pro-bowl level.

You’ve got championship level problems so you will be ok bud. Call it respectful criticism.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think in terms of gameplans I like Cancun's approach a little more, but New Orleans has a bit more talent to put them ahead and keep it out of reach.

1 hour ago, Ragnarok said:

Second what Ruskie said.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I'm sure Cancun is tired of hearing this but great gameplan, some holes on the roster. This week it's the OL in particular. That left side, yeesh.

Sums it up. I look forward to how they continue to add pieces to this team when they are completely healthy and through the draft and FA. Rousseau and Werner look like two defensive cornerstones at this point.

1 hour ago, rackcs said:

I'm sure Cancun is tired of hearing this but great gameplan, some holes on the roster. This week it's the OL in particular. That left side, yeesh.

I figured Vaitai has at least played left tackle before and looked decent, even if it was something like four or five years ago now.

Throckmorton's a good player, don't blame y'all for not knowing that tho.

9 hours ago, Blue said:

I figured Vaitai has at least played left tackle before and looked decent, even if it was something like four or five years ago now.

Throckmorton's a good player, don't blame y'all for not knowing that tho.

I'll admit that I didn't watch Throckmorton while he was starting but according to PFR, he only played 18% of offensive snaps this past game so he's not even starting in the NFL right now. So not trying to argue as to whether he was quality or not when playing, but he's a backup and not really playing much right now is all.

Edited by rackcs