1. 1. Player/Coach of the Game Week 8?

• Mike White
    • Michael Carter (RB)
    • Elijah Moore
    • Shaq Lawson
    • C.J. Mosley
    • LaFleur
    • Saleh

Again, let's get some positivity up in here!

If you're going for White, maybe give us your #2 choice too.

Mike White: 37/45 for 405 yards, 3 TD, 2 INTs off deflections. Caught a 2PT conversion. And he allowed us all to witness the beginning of his overtaking Brady as the best QB to ever play the game.

Michael Carter (RB): 15 carries for 77 yards (5.1 YPC) and 9 rec for 95 yards (10.5 YPC) on 14 targets

Elijah Moore: 6 catches on 6 targets for 67 yards

Shaq Lawson: 2 pass deflections and a pick. An interception! They're actually a real thing we can have!

C.J. Mosley: we look night and day with and without him. 8 tackles and a TFL.

LaFleur: Called a creative game! Really seemed to actually put our players in a position to succeed, including a certain Mr Mims.

Saleh: We came off an absolutely soul-crushing beatdown to our biggest rival, and right from the get-go started taking it to the AFC leader with our backup QB.

I don't know where to get coverage stats, but Ja'Marr Chase had 3 catches for 32 yards and a TD. We did something very right there. Kudos whoever in the secondary was involved in that effort.

Also, Cole's catch was totally a TD.

Edited by TheChad

I went with Mike White. 1st career start and was simply a technician for the vast majority of the game. Maybe had a throw or two a bit dangerous but I will never fault a QB whose throw goes off a receivers helmet and then gets swiped. Guy was just in the zone all day. Great story, hope he can give us a spark. Need for some of these players on offense to start feeling more confident and also just getting more looks each game. 

Now I think our defense played hard and competed hard all game even when they were put in a few really bad spots from the offense. Was a true group effort. Since I can’t go defense as a whole, I am going to give Mike LaFleur a shout here. I’ve truly hated his offense so far this year. Today he went against the grain, scripted a great first drive and really just kept it simple for Mike White all game. Some creative designs today and he ran the ball a lot more intelligently. He was up in the booth today so maybe that’s a comfort zone. Maybe it’s about time LaFleur has learned what’s moving the ball with this group, or perhaps the execution today was just at an all time high. Whatever the reason, today looked like an NFL offense that always had a chance to score all day. Might be a blessing to be on a short week riding a high. I hope they follow this up with a good competitive game Thursday night. God the bar has gotten low lol. 

LaFleur "ran the ball a lot more intelligently" is a really great point.

So often in prior games it felt like we were just running into brick walls on first and or second down for 0 or 1 yard gains, over and over, essentially meaning we had two downs instead of three. We came out throwing this game, and it resulted in a much more effective and efficient running game.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Carter for me. Had a lot of great plays where there looked like nothing. That’s how he should be used every game. Getting 5-10 passes

It has to be Mike White, but last week I said Carter is the real deal, and he sure is. WHAT REALLY TICKED ME OFF YESTERDAY was that great catch Cole made in the endzone, what ever happen to the rule that the ground can't cause a fumble, when they change that rule a couple of years ago to help the refs. Now every time a receiver makes a great catch the fools is the TV booth always say lets see if the ball moves. Even down here in Orlando, all the local sports talk shows were talking about Mike White. ALL SAID we had our Super Bowl yesterday. 

Edited by doumeyer

30 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It has to be Mike White, but last week I said Carter is the real deal, and he sure is. WHAT REALLY TICKED ME OFF YESTERDAY was that great catch Cole made in the endzone, what ever happen to the rule that the ground can't cause a fumble, when they change that rule a couple of years ago to help the refs. Now every time a receiver makes a great catch the fools is the TV booth always say lets see if the ball moves. Even down here in Orlando, all the local sports talk shows were talking about Mike White. ALL SAID we had our Super Bowl yesterday. 

They made it sound like because he re-secured the ball when he was already out of bounds it was no catch.  If he's laying on his *** in the end zone it's an obvious catch.

32 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

They made it sound like because he re-secured the ball when he was already out of bounds it was no catch.  If he's laying on his *** in the end zone it's an obvious catch.

You are right, they really did change the rules to help the Refs. Just like that stupid helmet to helmet blown call yesterday, I am a 1000 mile away from the field in Orlando, and I saw it was no penalty. For some reason it seems like there are too many old refs this year. Even though that call help us, we were on a roll and we were going to win anyways

ly.

For the 30% of people who did not vote for White. You have to explain how you came up with your vote. No QB in the last twenty years has put up numbers like White, did Sunday against a strong defensive team without his two Offensive tackles. and he ran a pass pattern and caught a two point conversion. And won the game. Maybe Trump, is right someone on this board must be rigging votes. Or could it be we still have people still caught up in the Wilson HYPE.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

What does that mean i have seen that before.

I actually laughed out loud at this. I will let Dr.O answer since it’s his thing.

And I’m not trying to be mean because it took me along time with some of this social media lingo.