Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

Nope, not giving them the excuse of the Ruggs deal.

Defense balled out. Did what they had to do in holding the bum Jones down apart from scrambles.

If you can move the ball up and down the field and crap the bed in the redzone, that's not emotions. You just choked

It seemed a lot like the Bears game

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's true. But we made a comedy of errors, which would have made this game a lot more winnable. Left 10 points on the board easy. 

It's a game that we should've won but again I told y'all to taper expectations. The Giants aren't a great team but they've been competitive/beat good teams this season. 

• Like 2

Yall got to go rewatch that game. Ruggs don't change anything. They wasn't sitting on short stuff. The one time they played one safety high, they made carr check and knew exactly what carr was going to do. All those redzone trips ot many jacobs carries, no matiota and no Moreau.  They was back playing a soft zone. Carr was just bad. Redzone play calling and carr was awful. Ruggs wasn't some threat in redzone. People are showing kc that you can't just rely on deep ball to score. I'm for odell cause he actually a redzone threat. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My worry is vs KC, we can run on them. But can we throw down the field if Jones/Edwards aren't able to do much? I don't think so.

That could be an issue but we could also have a guy like Jackson to help by then too...... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The passing game was just very out of sync without Ruggs.

And the limited amount the game that I was able to see, heres what I will say for sure: You can see they kind of reverted back to that 2019 2018 Offense with a lot of the dinking and dunking because of the lack of deep threat ability that Ruggs brought. We can clearly see why they drafted Ruggs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Yall got to go rewatch that game. Ruggs don't change anything. They wasn't sitting on short stuff. The one time they played one safety high, they made carr check and knew exactly what carr was going to do. All those redzone trips ot many jacobs carries, no matiota and no Moreau.  They was back playing a soft zone. Carr was just bad. Redzone play calling and carr was awful. Ruggs wasn't some threat in redzone. People are showing kc that you can't just rely on deep ball to score. I'm for odell cause he actually a redzone threat. 

Edwards, Renfrow, and Jones combined for 8 receptions/69 yards.

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

And the limited amount the game that I was able to see, heres what I will say for sure: You can see they kind of reverted back to that 2019 2018 Offense with a lot of the dinking and dunking because of the lack of deep threat ability that Ruggs brought. We can clearly see why they drafted Ruggs. 

Even Bryan Edwards crapped the bed today, as I said in the post above our 3 WR combined for 8 receptions/69 yards. I'd assume that Ruggs would've made an impact today. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Even Bryan Edwards crapped the bed today, as I said in the post above our 3 WR combined for 8 receptions/69 yards. I'd assume that Ruggs would've made an impact today. 

Or what I've said from the very beginning is that rug impacts the offense whether he gets the ball or not. As a defense you have to play completely differently when you are playing against a 4.2 running receiver that can score in one play Regardless of who your corners are. 

The first quarter which is the only full quarter that I watched you could see there was a lot of check downs and Dinking and dunking 

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Believe me I have no idea what to expect week in and out.

I knew that the Giants were more competitive then their record indicates and that their defensive line with Lawerence, Williams, and Azeez would give us some issues. I also knew that Bradberry/Jackson, one of the best CB duos in the league, would give our depleted WR corps some issues. I thought we'd still pull out a win but knew it'd be a hard fought game.