Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

2 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Those are 2 completely different statements. 

I'm asking you what your argument was, you said all week Zay Jones could be a solid #2 starting WR. He had his chance today against one of the worst teams in the NFL and did nothing in a loss. 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm asking you what your argument was, you said all week Zay Jones could be a solid #2 starting WR. He had his chance today against one of the worst teams in the NFL and did nothing in a loss. 

Sure he didn't do anything today but there are some things to keep in mind:

-Derek Carr played horribly

-No receiver on the team had more than 50 yards

-Brian Edwards had no catches for no yards

I said I didn't watch the whole game so I can't completely speak on it. But it seems to me that this game is not indicative of what Derek Carr the receivers or the whole offense can do in a similar way to how the Bears game wasnt

Edited by Jeremy408

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

I said I didn't watch the whole game so I can't completely speak on it

One of the reasons Carr played so poorly was because our WR's on the outside, such as Zay Jones couldn't get open.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

One of the reasons Carr played so poorly was because our WR's on the outside, such as Zay Jones couldn't get open.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I said I didn't watch the whole game so I can't completely speak on it. But it seems to me that this game is not indicative of what Derek Carr the receivers or the whole offense can do in a similar way to how the Bears game wasnt

Not sure you saw this part because I added it in afterwards

Just now, NYRaider said:

But as I said all week, Zay Jones isn't a starting caliber WR. He showed that today.

Again from what I saw it look like the entire offense(outside of the running backs and Waller) had a game similar to the Bears game I don't think is indicative of how the team will play for the rest of the season as a whole. 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

Again from what I saw it look like the entire offense(outside of the running backs and Waller) had a game similar to the Bears game I don't think is indicative of how the team will play for the rest of the season as a whole. 

Why do you think Carr played as poorly he did? Mainly because our WR's including Zay Jones had zero impact. He had a chance to step up today against a terrible team out of the bye week and did nothing. But maybe next time he can show that he's good. The team needed Jones today more then they ever have and he did absolutely nothing. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Why do you think Carr played as poorly he did? Mainly because our WR's including Zay Jones had zero impact. He had a chance to step up today against a terrible team out of the bye week and did nothing. But maybe next time he can show that he's good. The team needed Jones today more then they ever have and he did absolutely nothing. 

From what I saw he missed a wide-open Brian Edwards And threw a pick six. Not sure what either of those have to do with the Zay Jones 

Just now, Jeremy408 said:

From what I saw he missed a wide-open Brian Edwards And threw a pick six. Not sure what either of those have to do with the Zay Jones 

All I know is if there was ever going to be a chance for Zay to step up when the team needed him the most, it was today. Unfortunately he did nothing, like basically every other game he has played a ton of snaps. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

All I know is if there was ever going to be a chance for Zay to step up when the team needed him the most, it was today. Unfortunately he did nothing, like basically every other game he has played a ton of snaps. 

So did every receiver today. None them should start next week. We should probably start Mariota too 

Just now, NYRaider said:

We had to dink and dunk because Zay got completely shut down on the outside.

We had a dink and dunk because we didn't have anybody that runs 4.3 or lower the defense knew that so the safeties play different. But she would have to know how football works to understand that(aka you had to have played).