Week 9 GDT: Raiders (5-2) at Giants (2-6)

NYRaider

Who ya got?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Winner?

• Raiders
    • Giants

I just watched the replay. I didn't think Carr played nearly as bad as the thread made it seem. He had the offense moving against a very talented pass defense. However, the two picks were both bad decisions/throws. The Raiders really looked like the better team on the field today so it's a real shame they couldn't close it.

Edited by Rich7sena
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I just watched the replay. I didn't think he played nearly as bad as the thread made it seem. He had the offense moving against a very talented pass defense. However, the two picks were both bad decisions/throws. The Raiders really looked like the better team on the field today so it's a real shame they couldn't close it.

Can't be said that Rich/the staff didn't have the guys ready to play even with the drama. Just bad execution/decisions at crucial moments

Edited by Dodo
  • Like 1

Carr has 13 TD’s and 7 INT’s with a sub 100 QB Rating, and two of his eight games being his usual conservative/lackluster play which he did in 2017, 2018, and the second half of both 2019 and 2020. Yet he’s on pace for 5,000 yards so people think he’s ballin. 

I’m not giving up on the guy yet, but the guy needs to have a great second half of the season, and lead this team to the playoffs. No more Bear/Giant games. Zero. Zilch. 

Let’s see if he can have a great game against the Chiefs. He was fantastic in both games last year, two of his best games of the season. 

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr has 13 TD’s and 7 INT’s with a sub 100 QB Rating, and two of his eight games being his usual conservative/lackluster play which he did in 2017, 2018, and the second half of both 2019 and 2020. Yet he’s on pace for 5,000 yards so people think he’s ballin. 

I’m not giving up on the guy yet, but the guy needs to have a great second half of the season, and lead this team to the playoffs. No more Bear/Giant games. Zero. Zilch. 

Let’s see if he can have a great game against the Chiefs. He was fantastic in both games last year, two of his best games of the season. 

I don't disagree with this but I will say both the Bears and Giants games there were extenuating circumstances so I'm not going to judge too harshly on either of those games. In fact, I said I'll give the team, coaches, everyone a Mulligan for this last game.

Carr has had two bad games in horrible and freakish circumstances and he has reasons and excuses for those IMO, but, you are right........he needs to have a good second half of the season. It's a results business and it's time to turn in the results. If we can add Jackson or Beckham that will of course help but I do think it's reasonable not to be too harsh on anyone today for the game yesterday. As harsh as it is though next week is back to no excuses. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I don't disagree with this but I will say both the Bears and Giants games there were extenuating circumstances so I'm not going to judge too harshly on either of those games. In fact, I said I'll give the team, coaches, everyone a Mulligan for this last game.

Carr has had two bad games in horrible and freakish circumstances and he has reasons and excuses for those IMO, but, you are right........he needs to have a good second half of the season. It's a results business and it's time to turn in the results. If we can add Jackson or Beckham that will of course help but I do think it's reasonable not to be too harsh on anyone today for the game yesterday. As harsh as it is though next week is back to no excuses. 

51 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The next 3 games against the Chiefs on SNF, the Bengals at home, and the Cowboys on Thanksgiving will define the season, Carr's season, and likely determine the future of Mayock, Rich, and Carr. If the team crumbles we are likely headed towards a total rebuild, if they play well we're likely going to the playoffs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

The next 3 games against the Chiefs on SNF, the Bengals at home, and the Cowboys on Thanksgiving will define the season, Carr's season, and likely determine the future of Mayock, Rich, and Carr. If the team crumbles we are likely headed towards a total rebuild, if they play well we're likely going to the playoffs.

All 3 teams are good, but all are very beatable. Just like we are. We need to go 2-1 in that stretch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:
4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Expand  

All 3 teams are good, but all are very beatable. Just like we are. We need to go 2-1 in that stretch

Totally agree, they are tough games but are all winnable. I can't really see us winning all three if I'm honest and probably going 1-2 but 2-1 is quite realistic too. To be fair, there are a lot of quite tough games left but none that I think we can't win. Hopefully we can keep distractions from this point on to a minimum.

• Like 1

I just felt, like we're falling back to old patterns. I mean we had 6 possessions in the red zone and we scored 1 TD, 3 FG and had 1 missed FG and a fumble. That's just bad execution, when you look at the missed target on Waller for example.
That had nothing to do with the missing of HR3.

This has to be done better next week against KC, otherwise we can bury our playoff hopes.

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I just felt, like we're falling back to old patterns. I mean we had 6 possessions in the red zone and we scored 1 TD, 3 FG and had 1 missed FG and a fumble. That's just bad execution, when you look at the missed target on Waller for example.

This has to be done better next week against KC, otherwise we can bury our playoff hopes.

Our offense looked like it did in 2019 where we had to depend on our TEs, Renfrow, and RB's to make plays in the passing game because none of our outside WR's could get open. 

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

Yep. Nothing to do with the playcalling either. When a player is open like that, it has to be a TD every time. I'll have to watch the play again but on the play before that one, it looked like Jones could have scored too if Carr didn't threw it out of bounds. There were too many inaccurate throws in this one. Bottom line, Carr looked very bad and he's the reason they lost that one.

18 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Yep. Nothing to do with the playcalling either. When a player is open like that, it has to be a TD every time. I'll have to watch the play again but on the play before that one, it looked like Jones could have scored too if Carr didn't threw it out of bounds. There were too many inaccurate throws in this one. Bottom line, Carr looked very bad and he's the reason they lost that one.

Obviously the Ruggs tragedy probably played a huge role in his performance. But I think he was a little trigger shy today lobbing the ball up to guys like Zay and Edwards when he has been able to lean on Ruggs all season. 

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Our offense looked like it did in 2019 where we had to depend on our TEs, Renfrow, and RB's to make plays in the passing game because none of our outside WR's could get open. 

Yes and No.
Yes we had depended on our TEs, Renfrow and RBs yesterday, but the Redzone issue must have been there the whole time, because Ruggs was never a threat in the redzone imho. Ruggs helped to move the chains, but he was never the go-to-guy in the redzone. At least I can't remember he was ever used that much in the redzone.

Like Chucky would've said:
"I want better f***ing execution"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Styrian Raider said:

Yes and No.
Yes we had depended on our TEs, Renfrow and RBs yesterday, but the Redzone issue must have been there the whole time, because Ruggs was never a threat in the redzone imho. Ruggs helped to move the chains, but he was never the go-to-guy in the redzone. At least I can't remember he was ever used that much in the redzone.

Like Chucky would've said:
"I want better f***ing execution"

Olson and Carr have had issues in the redzone for the last 4 seasons.