Henry potentially out for the year

ttitansfan4life

If it’s indeed eight weeks, man was yesterday’s win huge. It essentially takes three wins to get the division at this point (Colts would need to go 7-2 at that point, which feels unlikely). Not that I want us limping into January, but there’s a pretty huge margin for error.

Sign a couple dudes, don't trade for a RB. Sargent, Foreman, McNichol, and a FA make up the committee and we're fine.

Stop ******* running into 8 and 9 man boxes on first down.

I love Henry, my favorite player, I named my dog after him, but AJB and Ryan Tannehill are the most important thing for the success of this offense and getting Julio Jones back will help more than any RB we could sign or trade for.

Honestly, this just makes me more likely to want to trade for a WR than a RB. Give Tannehill someone other than AJB who can get open.

Tannehill was 10 of 11 when targeting AJB and 3 of 9 when targeting any other WR. Open up the passing game with PA early and run into favorable boxes. Stop calling plays that gain 2-3 yards hoping Henry breaks one of the 30 carries for 70 yards.

Also, stop beating one of your best players to death when he comes back. Get another back to get him under 25 carries a game.

3 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

That would be sweet to sign him and have a motivated guy to play against old team the Rams. lol

Yea I think Gurley would be a great pick up at this point. Him and another back a long with McNichols would be serviceable backfield until the King is back

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Sign a couple dudes, don't trade for a RB. Sargent, Foreman, McNichol, and a FA make up the committee and we're fine.

Stop ******* running into 8 and 9 man boxes on first down.

I love Henry, my favorite player, I named my dog after him, but AJB and Ryan Tannehill are the most important thing for the success of this offense and getting Julio Jones back will help more than any RB we could sign or trade for.

Honestly, this just makes me more likely to want to trade for a WR than a RB. Give Tannehill someone other than AJB who can get open.

Tannehill was 10 of 11 when targeting AJB and 3 of 9 when targeting any other WR. Open up the passing game with PA early and run into favorable boxes. Stop calling plays that gain 2-3 yards hoping Henry breaks one of the 30 carries for 70 yards.

Also, stop beating one of your best players to death when he comes back. Get another back to get him under 25 carries a game.

Went back and looked at the Highlights from the Saints game. McNichols had some good runs and we used a lot of Playaction still. 

We just need a guy that can threaten the defense and make the yards that are there.  

• Like 1

I'd like to find a guy who has good long speed and short area quickness like the 49ers always plug into their schemes and they just do really well. That's what our 3rd round pick last year was supposed to be if he was ever not on IR.

Maybe that can be McNichols in an expanded role splitting carries with Sargent and D'Onta Foreman. Ether way, we can't just keep running into stacked boxed 30 times a game. It's why Henry's average looks awful when he doesn't bust a 70 yard run. A large amount of our carries go for under 2 yards. And it's not necessarily the OL blocking badly either. There are 5 OL and 8 men in the box. 1st grade math will tell you the OL can't block all those guys. We're so predictable on 1st down we're seeing 8 man boxes in 11 personnel, which is insane.

I'm really not too worried about. We beat the defending AFC Champions averaging 3.0 YPC and the only challenge to our division with Henry averaging 2.4 YPC starting down 14 points.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I'd like to find a guy who has good long speed and short area quickness like the 49ers always plug into their schemes and they just do really well. That's what our 3rd round pick last year was supposed to be if he was ever not on IR.

Maybe that can be McNichols in an expanded role splitting carries with Sargent and D'Onta Foreman. Ether way, we can't just keep running into stacked boxed 30 times a game. It's why Henry's average looks awful when he doesn't bust a 70 yard run. A large amount of our carries go for under 2 yards. And it's not necessarily the OL blocking badly either. There are 5 OL and 8 men in the box. 1st grade math will tell you the OL can't block all those guys. We're so predictable on 1st down we're seeing 8 man boxes in 11 personnel, which is insane.

I'm really not too worried about. We beat the defending AFC Champions averaging 3.0 YPC and the only challenge to our division with Henry averaging 2.4 YPC starting down 14 points.

Weird I'm kinda intrigued/excited to see what we will look like without him.....That crazy?

But yeah last two weeks, Henry has been pretty much a tackling dummy/decoy. We have been shut down running the ball. 
We need to continue to try to run 'next man up' and hit the play action more.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

no it's not lol. like not at all. this is football.

i would simply not have given our running back carries at a historic rate or given him 28 carries *after* he sustained an injury but i guess i’m just built different