Thoughts and Observations: Saints

WindyCity

24 minutes ago, G08 said:

I feel like his velocity is down as well... the ball doesn't seem to be jumping out of his hands like it did in college.

Would you full trust what you were throwing at?

MPHs come off, accuracy suffers when you don't just chuck the damn thing when you should.

The receiving group is so bad that I can't imagine throwing to anyone. There is absolutely no separation, and now the O-line is failing. Not a good situation for the rookie, and typical Bears QB development. At least the press hasn't yet turned on Mitch. 

6 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

The receiving group is so bad that I can't imagine throwing to anyone. There is absolutely no separation, and now the O-line is failing. Not a good situation for the rookie, and typical Bears QB development. At least the press hasn't yet turned on Mitch. 

It's really awful... I hope Inman helps. McBride seems to be at least "meh" at running routes... Gentry is just garbage.

Inman

McBride

Wright

trot that out there in 2 weeks.

The thing is..like Windy mentioned, Fox doesn't give a rats *** about developing Mitch right now.  He's just trying to save his *** from getting canned and knows Mitch is less apt to turn the ball over and lose games as opposed to Glennon.  

I have a feeling that we're not going to see much of a difference in the style of play on offense in the 2nd half.  Thankfully Mitch seems like the type of guy that doesn't get rattled too easy.  

4 hours ago, G08 said:

Wheaton does nothing for me, but he also literally has done nothing since signing here.

Feel awful for Miller, but I am hoping to God it gets Shaheen on the field more.

Barring a win out we aren’t making the postseason. So yeah - play the green kids. Shaheen should be playing 80% of the reps at this point. He’s green and from an FCS school. Let him get real reps against real players. What’s the down side - he’s not super reliable this year? How’s that a change? Sims drops a catchable pass every week. If the plan is for Shaheen to be MT’s Gronk or Graham then they have to get reps together to develop that chemistry. Start that now. Fox’s best chance to keep his job IMO is not just for us to win some games down the stretch, but to do so while also getting the young guys ready for a bigger step in 2018. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

My only concern with Shaheen is if he someone messes with the Trubisky development.

If he is out there running garbage routes like we saw on sunday i am okay waiting.

Sims isn't really helping much with his butter fingers, but your point is taken.

Just to get a feel for what the Bears are doing personnel-wise ahead of the addition of Inman and the loss of Miller...

Groupings:

11 - 40%

12 - 29%

21 - 15%

13 - 9%

22 - 4%

23 - 1%

31 - 1%

So if this numbers stay fairly close, either Shaheen and Brown will be on the field 60% of the time, which is a 50% increase for him.

For anybody wondering about the 3rd/4th down numbers, they're in 11 63% of the time. A 2nd tight end is on the field on 3rd/4th downs 21% of the time, and that drops to 17% on 3rd/4th and long.

Also, while I'm reviewing personnel groupings and tendencies: in 2nd/3rd and 10+ down and distance, Zach Miller lead the team in targets (12).

In other tendency news, the Bears were right when they said they need to do some self-scouting. They're heavily skewed towards running on 1st/2nd down regardless of down and distance. They run on 3rd and short and pass on 3rd and medium/long.

9 hours ago, IronMike84 said:

Just to get a feel for what the Bears are doing personnel-wise ahead of the addition of Inman and the loss of Miller...

Groupings:

11 - 40%

12 - 29%

21 - 15%

13 - 9%

22 - 4%

23 - 1%

31 - 1%

So if this numbers stay fairly close, either Shaheen and Brown will be on the field 60% of the time, which is a 50% increase for him.

For anybody wondering about the 3rd/4th down numbers, they're in 11 63% of the time. A 2nd tight end is on the field on 3rd/4th downs 21% of the time, and that drops to 17% on 3rd/4th and long.

A little confused by your numbers (I'm assuming Sims will be the #1 and Shaheen the #2).

Based on those numbers above, wouldn't Shaheen be on the field 43% of the time? (29+9+4+1)

20 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Would you full trust what you were throwing at?

MPHs come off, accuracy suffers when you don't just chuck the damn thing when you should.

Yeah, he is getting tested with coverages he has never seen, being forced to throw into tight windows with WRs running inconsistent routes, and he has rarely been afforded the time or pocket to step into throws the last two weeks. Saw several back foot throws Sunday, some of which were necessary, a few that were not. The blitzes and pressure in his face was affecting his comfort level and knocking a bit of velo off his throws.

Archived