The Book of Boba Fett- New Episodes Wednesdays

Acgott

I liked episode 1. I loved that they make him kinda clueless as a crime lord - he would be. I also like that he’s way out of his element with the Tuskens without his armor - it’s believable.

How is he so weak currently, though? He looked fine in The Mando at Tython not that long ago. Another issue I had was that the desert creature looked cheesy AF but that’s not too important.

I thought we would get a big reveal at the end, considering all the rumored cameos but no. Could have been smart…

Anyways, solid start and I’m already looking forward to next week’s episode. 

9 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

How is he so weak currently, though? He looked fine in The Mando at Tython not that long ago.

I think he looked strong, I mean he took so many of those vibro staff shots that were bodying Fenec and just kept going. It will be interesting to see why his stamina is shot though. 

Not sure if I am thrilled with the flashback to post sarlacc Boba while we get Mando timeline story. There was another show I watched recently that did two storylines at different points in the character's history and I remember not liking it but I can't recall that show.  

Really nice to have some new live action Star Wars stuff back again, the costumes and make up etc. in this and The Mandalorian are just incredibly good. This wasn't my most anticipated of all the new stuff coming out, but I enjoyed it. I'm liking this "struggling as a crime lord" vibe we seem to be getting, should be a nice arc to see how he gains respect through the rest of the series.

I was expecting the flashback to be like a five or ten minute thing as well, not like over half the episode. Would rather they focus on the main storyline, but we'll see how it goes.

• Like 1

I’m gonna wait for episodes to stack up before giving this a chance.  I’m not sure Morrison- one of the worst actors in the prequels- can carry his own show. But here’s hoping Disney lets them do a Star Wars gangster series for real. 

Edited by thrILL!

First episode was solid. No wow moments like the first episode of the Mandalorian, but probably a good idea to not go chasing the same premise twice.

We better see some ruthlessness with the mayor, or else the entire premise of him being a crime lord is a joke.

I do appreciate the reasoning for the outfit change.

Usually not a huge fan of flipping narratives like this, you kinda are just waiting for the other boot to drop on the past narratives.

But intrigued where it will go, when will it all be “current time” / post Mando s2. Or will it continually be flashbacks.

Really enjoyed the second episode, though again I am totally ready for this to be 100% Mos Espa stuff, that's just more interesting currently. The Ithorian Prime Minister looked gross and cool as hell. Kind of hoping this continues to be just a little stand-alone Boba Fett adventure on Tattoine, with little to no random fan service of the tons of returning characters and stuff. Just seven episodes of his adventures on Mos Espa with the people there will do me just fine.

Something I can't get over though is Boba's gleaming white, pristine teeth in the flashbacks lol, they're just so weird compared to the rest of his look. He's covered in scars and scabs; wearing ripped, dirty rags, then he's got these gigantic gleaming gnashers that you could see from either of Tattoine's suns.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

I am outrageously not interested in the dances with wolves storyline 

I'm the opposite, i'm loving the deep dive into the Tusken's, plus it also sets up Boba Fett as a badass hand to hand combat fighter going forward without making his past look too inept when he is literally blind sided by a blind Han Solo.  I expect that as the season progresses we'll get less Tusken flashbacks and more current timeline in Mos Espa, and I expect the Tusken with the black head scarves to show up in current timeline at some point, but I could be wrong on that.

• Like 2

I can see both sides of the argument. I want more of “present-day” storyline but I have liked the Tusken flashbacks. I wonder how those feel to new or casual Star Wars viewers. I can see why they would be attractive to hardcore fans but I could see new fans not caring for them.

I do think that the flashbacks in this episode will be important to the show. I think we see the pykes, horned motorcycle/speeder guys and Tuskens in the crime lord story. 

Anyways, cool episode! The black Wookiee looks badass.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I can see both sides of the argument. I want more of “present-day” storyline but I have liked the Tusken flashbacks. I wonder how those feel to new or casual Star Wars viewers. I can see why they would be attractive to hardcore fans but I could see new fans not caring for them.

I think its more just a polarizing narrative tactic, even in literature it has its detractors and its fans. 

20 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

The black Wookiee looks badass.

He's a popular expanded universe character. His protocol droid quip in episode 1 is giving me hope for live action Triple 0. Back to Black Krrsantan, he actually has some HEAVY links in current cannon comics to future projects. He already knows Boba Fett as they were both hired by Vader in the comics at the same time, albeit for different missions

Star Wars Black Krrsantan Boba Fett

Boba is tasked with finding Luke while Krrsantan was tasked with finding an agent of the emporer. He also faught Obi-Wan Kenobi on Tatooine after kidnapping Uncle Owen. It's Obi-Wan that gives him the scar, we could potentially see this fight in the Obi-Wan show. Jabba was the one who hired him to kill Obi-Wan. 

Marvel Comics Black Krrsantan

He also has a lot of ties with Dr. Aphra, one of the most popular comic characters in the current cannon EU. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

I like that they’re exploring the Tuskens beyond “they’re savages”: 

What’s the debate about?

My biggest complaint is that I want more current story in Mos Espa, not flashbacks. But you know that it'll payoff at some point and the past will meet the present.

21 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm the opposite, i'm loving the deep dive into the Tusken's, plus it also sets up Boba Fett as a badass hand to hand combat fighter going forward without making his past look too inept when he is literally blind sided by a blind Han Solo.  I expect that as the season progresses we'll get less Tusken flashbacks and more current timeline in Mos Espa, and I expect the Tusken with the black head scarves to show up in current timeline at some point, but I could be wrong on that.

I'm all for Dances with Banthas. I was a lot more engaged with this aspect of the show than I thought I'd be. It's great that Star Wars finally had a chance to explore what the Tusken Raiders are all about: honor, tradition, respect, and just trying to essentially survive the streets dune sea. Before, they were just looked at as dusty goons trying to take everything. Always two sides to a story. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe