Official Broncos Forum 2022 Draft Prospects Thread

broncosfan_101

1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

He's not been active for a single game for a team that has had a large amount of CB injuries and ST coverage issues.

Can we please not make this particular transaction an issue.

My issue here is that this could’ve been a clear pivot point that started the rebuild, but instead of moving (or even cutting) a guy like Fuller, we traded a guy who showed some promise and could certainly use the reps. But like I said, Vincent could’ve been completely underwhelming in practices. If that’s the case, fine.

2 hours ago, broncosfan_101 said:

My issue here is that this could’ve been a clear pivot point that started the rebuild, but instead of moving (or even cutting) a guy like Fuller, we traded a guy who showed some promise and could certainly use the reps. But like I said, Vincent could’ve been completely underwhelming in practices. If that’s the case, fine.

Well, we do still have Ojemudia, Bassey as well as PS2 for those reps as well. And one thing I find interesting, Vincent was part of Paton's 1st draft, was he admitting a mistake, just shuffling picks or evaluating Elway's previous CB picks ?

4 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Well, we do still have Ojemudia, Bassey as well as PS2 for those reps as well. And one thing I find interesting, Vincent was part of Paton's 1st draft, was he admitting a mistake, just shuffling picks or evaluating Elway's previous CB picks ?

That's a good point. Personally, in that light, that's a real plus for Paton. Realizing the kid has no future here and finding a way to get a draft pick for him.

Sounds good to me. He's not the sentimental sort, sticking with "his guy". Thats a good thing!

Edited by AKRNA
  • Like 1

Worth noting that this draft was known to be lacking in depth because of all the extra COVID eligibility years. Guys that were 6th and 7th rounders in this class wouldn't have been drafted at all any other year.

The coaches will have seen enough of Vincent to realise that he wouldn't be getting game time over the returning Ojemudia and Bassey (And Nate Hairston, who made a couple of nice plays against the WFT after Callahan went off injured) so getting a 6th rounder back for him is a sensible move.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

@AnAngryAmerican just a general question what are your thoughts on Trey McBride as a prospect? I know you’re a CSU fan. 

The wife and I have had season tickets to CSU for the last four years so I’ve seen him plenty. He’s not an elite athlete but he is a very, very good one. He has top-notch instincts, he moves well in space, terrific hands, he knows how to get open and can win 50/50 balls with ease, he knows positioning very well. He is plus blocker and willing sticks his nose in the run game. He’s smart, he’s a leader, he’s a very blue-collar football player. 

I’ve said to the wife before at games, “just watch, Belichick is going to take him.” 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

The wife and I have had season tickets to CSU for the last four years so I’ve seen him plenty. He’s not an elite athlete but he is a very, very good one. He has top-notch instincts, he moves well in space, terrific hands, he knows how to get open and can win 50/50 balls with ease, he knows positioning very well. He is plus blocker and willing sticks his nose in the run game. He’s smart, he’s a leader, he’s a very blue-collar football player. 

I’ve said to the wife before at games, “just watch, Belichick is going to take him.” 

Nice thank you for the information. Like what I’ve seen. Only one TD but a lot of yards. Do they not target him in the red zone?

35 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Nice thank you for the information. Like what I’ve seen. Only one TD but a lot of yards. Do they not target him in the red zone?

Interestingly, we’re not in the red zone that often and when we are, Addazio likes the RPO with Centeio often keeping it himself. Centeio also has struggles with accuracy. In short, the low TD number is not a concern for Trey’s prospects as a NFL TE. 

• Like 2

Definitely looking in the direction of EDGE David Ojabo as a Von replacement. He's got good size, speed and bend. Could be a a strong bookend for Chubb and a starting LB crew of Chubb, Young, Browning and Ojabo could be deadly. Ojabo already has 11sacks and 5FF but he's young and 1st year producing at this level.

Edited by Cutler06

I think there’s a decent chance we won’t be picking in the first round this year, but if we do I’m definitely hoping to see an edge rusher like Ojabo drop. 

I really like Daxton Hill too. I don’t know where he’s projected to go, but he looks like he could be an difference maker who can play a few different positions in the secondary, maybe Callahan’s replacement. 

55 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

I think there’s a decent chance we won’t be picking in the first round this year, but if we do I’m definitely hoping to see an edge rusher like Ojabo drop. 

I really like Daxton Hill too. I don’t know where he’s projected to go, but he looks like he could be an difference maker who can play a few different positions in the secondary, maybe Callahan’s replacement. 

Agreed, I'm trying not to get too invested in 1st round prospects this year for that reason. That said, Daxton Hill is a great one but idk where/how he would fit on our team. He's a S/NCB guy and it feels like we're giving Sterns every opportunity to own that other Safety spot going forward. 

3 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

I haven’t really looked into prospects much this year and have only caught a couple of games so I’m not sure where these two would be slated to go, but Brandon Smith (Penn St) and Devin Lloyd (Utah) would both look great next to browning in the middle of our D for the next 5 years. 

I keep hearing about that Utah guy.