Black Friday Gaming Deals (2018 Deals Start Page 10)

showtime

28 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

If you want good headphones you don't want beats they are crap, get some sennheisers.

The only reason anyone should ever buy beats is if listening rap/hip hop is literally the only thing you're ever going to use them for.... And even then they aren't worth the price.

Thanks. I'll check into them. The only decent headphones that I have are some Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones that I got about a decade ago when I was still DJing for a living. They aren't the best for listening to a movie on my ipad or laptop.

2 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Thanks. I'll check into them. The only decent headphones that I have are some Stanton DJ Pro 2000 headphones that I got about a decade ago when I was still DJing for a living. They aren't the best for listening to a movie on my ipad or laptop.

Beats are just way too bass focused, which is fine for what they were primarily made for (rap and hip hop) but for any other genre of music, movies, etc... They aren't ideal. 

5 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not too much listed for games yet. God of War is $25. I haven't seen anything about Spiderman yet, which I'm really hoping to see.

I'm getting new headphones this year. Beats Solo3 are $179.99 and last year they were $219.99. The Studio 3 are going for $279.99 while last year the Studio 2 was $219.99. I've never owned Beats, and I know it's mostly name brand, but I'll have to look into the differences some more.

EDIT: Just saw Kohls has the Studio 3 for the same price as Target (179.99) however it also comes with $75 Kohls cash. I don't really shop there but a free $75 gift card could change that.

If you want some headphones for a great value, get Grado's.  There are different price ranges, but this headset here, the SR80's, are really good.  https://www.amazon.com/Grado-SR80e-Prestige-Series-Headphones/dp/B00L1LXOWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541732027&sr=8-1&keywords=grados

11 minutes ago, showtime said:

If you want some headphones for a great value, get Grado's.  There are different price ranges, but this headset here, the SR80's, are really good.  https://www.amazon.com/Grado-SR80e-Prestige-Series-Headphones/dp/B00L1LXOWS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1541732027&sr=8-1&keywords=grados

Thanks. I'm really looking for wireless but the Grado GW100 interests me. I'll dig deeper into what they have.

12 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Thanks. I'm really looking for wireless but the Grado GW100 interests me. I'll dig deeper into what they have.

Don't get wireless unless you REALLY need wireless for very practical reasons. If you are going more for quality, there are plenty of better options for less than wireless one. Grado, Audio Technica, Senheisser, and plenty others. Bluetooth technology still really sucks and you are not getting good bang for your buck in terms of quality, so that's why I say only get if you must have it for practical reasons.

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SAMSUNG-55-Class-4K-2160P-Ultra-HD-Smart-QLED-TV-QN55Q6FN-2018-model/827272022

Ill be getting a 25 percent discount on this, so roughly 750 dollars. 

Thoughts? Anything better?

Im posting it here because im not sure if there are any great deals on qled..

For that price you're very unlikely to find anything better, the best tvs out there and the only ones I'd put above the Samsung Qled TVs are the LG OLEDs but even for the cheapest model you're looking at literally double the price of what you're going to pay for the Samsung... And while imo they are so good that they are worth it affordability comes into play for most people which is why I don't have one:(

59 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

For that price you're very unlikely to find anything better, the best tvs out there and the only ones I'd put above the Samsung Qled TVs are the LG OLEDs but even for the cheapest model you're looking at literally double the price of what you're going to pay for the Samsung... And while imo they are so good that they are worth it affordability comes into play for most people which is why I don't have one:(

Yeah no doubt. those lgs are insane. 

That Samsung is good tho right? 

40 minutes ago, Herbie_Hancock said:

Yeah no doubt. those lgs are insane. 

That Samsung is good tho right? 

Yeah, the only TV around that price that might be better is this

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sony-55-Class-4K-UHD-2160P-Smart-LED-TV-XBR55X900F/894037377

But they are pretty close.

Rtings.com is a great source for TV reviews and on there the Samsung gets an 8.0 while the Sony gets an 8.3 so it's not a major difference.

Although if you don't mind going a little smaller to save money you can get that Sony model in 49 inch for $899.

The only thing I'm not sure on with the Sony is if your discount will still apply because the Walmart website says sold and shipped by beach camera instead of Walmart even though you're buying from the Walmart website so I'm not sure how that works.

Given that they are so close in price and quality I'd suggest going to your local best buy (or similar electronics store) that would probably have both on display and just see which one you prefer.

Archived