Black Friday Gaming Deals (2018 Deals Start Page 10)

showtime

2 hours ago, showtime said:

I know they reference Target.com, but can you get those video game deals online?  I really really do not want to go out during rush hour, if I can avoid it.

Since these are Black Friday deals and "door busters" you have to be in store.  There may be a discount online, but not nearly as big as being in store.  Cyber Monday may have similar deals, but again not nearly as good as in store.  This is how retail stores incentivize consumers, if everything was done online, there would be no need for stores, only packaging/storage warehouses.

2 minutes ago, carrolljcmc said:

Since these are Black Friday deals and "door busters" you have to be in store.  There may be a discount online, but not nearly as big as being in store.  Cyber Monday may have similar deals, but again not nearly as good as in store.  This is how retail stores incentivize consumers, if everything was done online, there would be no need for stores, only packaging/storage warehouses.

That's partly true, but one of the huge advantages to going out to the store is that you get the items immediately.  If you order them online, even with free two day shipping, you probably will receive the item on Monday or so.  When talking about video games, specifically, a lot of people actually want the game on that Thursday so that they have their extended weekend to play it.  If you order online, you won't have the game during that time.

Also, to clarify for me personally, Target is the type of place I do not want to go to because their store closes on Thursday.... which means it's going to be a mad house in there for the several hours it is actually open.  Gamestop will more than likely be open starting from 6pm on Thursday and won't close until late night Friday, so it will be open for over 24 hours straight. That means I can go into the store at 3am when there will be hardly nobody there.  I can buy what I want and leave quickly.

Between Walmart and Microsoft's Xbox One S deals, I grabbed one. Pretty good deals, get a Xbox Bundle (Halo Ultimate, Madden, etc)+a new game (COD WW2, Madden, Forza 7, etc)+ a controller for under 270. Microsoft you get a 3rd (not as great) game instead of a controller for 250. Was going to wait till black friday but according to the ads, there won't be any that are worlds better than this unless it's a doorbuster. Which i'm not fighting. 

I got the Walmart deal. In checkout, it broke the price down to this: Xbox One S Ultimate Halo bundle for 170, COD WW2 for 39 and the Controller for 39. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/11/06/microsoft-black-friday-2017-windows-laptop-surface-pro-xbox-one-onex-deals-sales/#27b2ece3748a

4 hours ago, NickButera said:

Between Walmart and Microsoft's Xbox One S deals, I grabbed one. Pretty good deals, get a Xbox Bundle (Halo Ultimate, Madden, etc)+a new game (COD WW2, Madden, Forza 7, etc)+ a controller for under 270. Microsoft you get a 3rd (not as great) game instead of a controller for 250. Was going to wait till black friday but according to the ads, there won't be any that are worlds better than this unless it's a doorbuster. Which i'm not fighting. 

I got the Walmart deal. In checkout, it broke the price down to this: Xbox One S Ultimate Halo bundle for 170, COD WW2 for 39 and the Controller for 39. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/11/06/microsoft-black-friday-2017-windows-laptop-surface-pro-xbox-one-onex-deals-sales/#27b2ece3748a

I've been waiting to get the Xbox One as a gift this holiday season.  Is there any way I could do that bundle without the controller?  So $170 for the console and $39 for the game.  That would be sweet and I agree, it won't that much better on Black Friday... I don't think.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

I've been waiting to get the Xbox One as a gift this holiday season.  Is there any way I could do that bundle without the controller?  So $170 for the console and $39 for the game.  That would be sweet and I agree, it won't that much better on Black Friday... I don't think.

Doesn't look like it. Walmart is offering the Battlefield 1 Xbox One S for 199. That's probably the closest thing to that that's available right meow.

Just now, NickButera said:

Doesn't look like it. Walmart is offering the Battlefield 1 Xbox One S for 199. That's probably the closest thing to that that's available right meow.

Yeah.  I tried to do the checkout for that deal and it looks like it forces you to get the extra controller.  The thing about that is, $39 for a controller really isn't that great of a deal at all.  I feel like during Black Friday on Amazon, they will be selling games for $25-$30.  That Wal-Mart deal would be utterly amazing if it wasn't for the controller.

On 11/4/2017 at 10:38 PM, CWood21 said:

Probably going to be the market for a new TV, so I'll be keeping an eye out.

Not sure what your budget is but best buy released their ad today and they'll have the 55" Sony X900e (consistently rated best in it's price range ahead of comparable Samsungs) for $999 (normally it's $1,400 at best buy)...think I might end up snagging one as it's supposedly one of the absolute best for 4k HDR gaming, only the LG and Sony OLED sets rank higher but even in a black friday deal you won't find one under $1,500 unfortunately...although if you can afford the extra cash the LG C7 is worth it...those LG OLED screens are head and shoulders above any other TV on the market...wish I could afford one but like I mentioned it looks like even the cheapest black friday deals on those will likely be around $1,500 or so which is unfortunately above my range...if I had given myself one more paycheck to prepare I could have pulled it off but I didn't plan ahead>:(

Also of note is that the best buy deals WILL be available online with free shipping (except for two...the 55" Toshiba for $279 and the 50" sharp for $179 are in-store only)

here is the link to the ad 

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/sale-ad/?category=doorbusters

EDIT:
I added the best buy link instead of the third party site that had the ad because on the best buy link you can actually click on the items to see the exact model instead of just "blah blah blah 55" 4k tv"

What surprises me so far is that it looks like no one will be offering any deals whatsoever on the PS4 Pro or Nintendo Switch...the Xbox one X I can understand since it's just coming out but I thought for sure there would be SOMETHING for the other 2...but not looking like it

It looks like the Xbox One S is going to be $189 on Black Friday according to most of the ads we have seen so far.  Walmart has the console at $199 right now with a game.  That seems like as good as it will get if you're looking to buy one.

Archived