Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

The game on Sunday was far from a statement, but at least the team snapped a four game losing streak and got a much needed win. Somehow the team can't win at all at home yet are 3-0 in early start games on the EC and MW. 

On to the Cardinals, they are obviously a different type of beast. The defense played mediocre at best and made Fields look like a pro bowl caliber QB. Well, this week the team gets possibly Murray, who is on a FAR another level than Fields. Granted, we have defended Murray and the Cards offense well the last couple of meetings, but if the DL gets no pressure, it's going to be a LONG day. But that is if Murray plays as he is dealing with an ankle injury. I think he's going to tape his ankles tight and give it a go. The run defense is pretty bad without Kinlaw but that has been the case all season long. We bottled up Edmonds last time out but it won't be as easy this time around with all the injuries. Ward is also likely out and that's probably the biggest loss. Folks really don't understand just how versatile he is and how he can essentially line up on ANY WR or TE on the opposing team in the slot. Tavon Wilson is a pretty solid safety so he should be okay, but he can't do the things Ward can do.

Offensively, this may come back to completely backfire on me, but I really feel like this unit is going to take off now. As I mentioned yesterday, the OL is healthy, Mitchell is running the ball well, Kittle is returning and Aiyuk has seemingly gotten out of the doghouse. It will mainly come down to Jimmy and how well he can lead this offense. But he has enough weapons at his disposal and has a OL playing good ball. The Cards will be without Watt but still have a decent amount of talent on their front 7. Shanny will need to continue attacking the edges until the Cards show they can stop it. Do not abandon the run and hopefully Jimmy takes his one on one shots to his receivers. If Mullens was the QB, this would be a match up that you can pencil in 90-100 yards for Aiyuk as he would eat against all the man coverage he would see. But with Jimmy? Hoping for 40-50 yards is the best we can do LOL.

I don't know why, I just think we pull this off with or without Murray. Eventually the team has to win at home, right?? Will they really start 0-4 at home? I say the team continues the momentum from the second half offensively and get out to a quick start. Something like 17-7 or 20-10 halftime lead and hang on to win.

SF 30

AZ 24

• Like 2

I love Staley and he's probably a borderline HOFer who just misses out, but this man right here is an ATG. Like he is one of the best to EVER do it at his position. How he moves at his size and age is pretty remarkable. Just hope he stays healthy the rest of the season. 

• Like 5

Kyler is not going to play this weekend. Niners opened as three point underdogs and now the game is a pickem. Usually that means Vegas knows something. 

After everything this team has been through this year and last, feels like we are finally starting to shake out of it. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0e411789-0e61-4883-b50b-d5fb37b2e6f7

Edited by N4L

2 hours ago, N4L said:

Kyler is not going to play this weekend. Niners opened as three point underdogs and now the game is a pickem. Usually that means Vegas knows something. 

After everything this team has been through this year and last, feels like we are finally starting to shake out of it. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/0e411789-0e61-4883-b50b-d5fb37b2e6f7

I would still wait on it but if he does not play, then it's kind of expected from Glazer's report after the Packers game. 

If McCoy is the QB, then they will go to the run game more and that could be an issue with Kinlaw's injury.

Really interested in seeing how Hufanga does this week as he will be matched up with Ertz some and at times the back...He was VERY fortunate in the Colts game as he got beat right off the LOS but the back just dropped the pass. Rams and Cards will find ways to isolate him on their backs or TEs. 

I've been thinking about what Kyle has been saying about scout team and how great it is to devolop players. Basically our entire draft class except Mitchell and Hufanga are playing scout team. With how successful we have been with mid to late round picks and UDFA's. Feels like Kyle and company really buy in to that's why these players devoloped early on in there career. But tbh opportunity and playing time was the real reason. 

5 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

He had this issue last week as well right? Kind of scary as it can get worse.

Wilson/Kittle should be back this week which is good news. Mitchell/Wilson is a very good duo. Hopefully Ford clears concussion protocols soon as well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He had this issue last week as well right? Kind of scary as it can get worse.

Wilson/Kittle should be back this week which is good news. Mitchell/Wilson is a very good duo. Hopefully Ford clears concussion protocols soon as well. 

Yeah scary because he's been our entire passing offense this season.

• Like 1