Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/11/04/where-will-odell-beckham-land/

The Saints did indeed talk to the Browns about a possible trade, and multiple sources believe that the Saints will try to sign him if/when he becomes available. Other teams to watch, we’re told, are the 49ers and the Seahawks.

Hmmm...yay or nay on OBJ?

I fully expected us to be linked to Odell if he gets released. Lynch has made public comments on how they wanted him before and how he was upset that the Giants traded him to Cleveland instead of to us. I think it would be an exciting get, but I wouldn’t be heartbroken by any means if we passed. Like @Forge said, he doesn’t really fit our offensive identity with Jimmy under center. I think he could be back to putting up big numbers next year with Lance back there, but I wouldn’t sign him if it meant we risked losing someone like Deebo.

On a one year deal, I don't hate it. What's the worst that can happen?? 

We are 3-4 and you can never have enough firepower 

The rams just went and got Von Miller. This is an arms race 

Kyle calls the shots and he wants to win a Superbowl 

On a one year deal where OBJs reputation is on the line? Feels like we will get the best version of him. 

Plus, he's hurt! Perfect fit 

• Like 1

I havent felt this good about a game since week 2. 

It really feels like its lining up to be a win this week, regardless of Kyler's status. Its our week to finally win a game at Levi's. Its been a long damn time

Charlie Woener has earned a ton of snaps. He needs to be on the field a lot every week. I cant believe it took the staff so long to put him in over Dwelley. It was a no brainer. Dwelley cant block and at this point he will never learn. 22 personnel should be killer in this game and moving forward. Kyle has not had a second TE worth a damn since he got here. You can do soooo much with Kittle, Woener, Juice and JWjr on the field at the same time.Woener and kittle block like OTs. With those two plus juice we would just have such a massive advantage against most teams run blocking that it would almost force teams to put an extra DLman or two on the field. This isnt the game to do it but I would love to see us go no huddle with this group to force the defense to keep the extra DL/LB on the field. Peyton Manning was notorious for catching teams in a personnel grouping and then going no huddle, getting to the line fast, and not letting the defense sub. We could do something similar and put Kittle out wide with Juice in the slot and run some really nice intermediate level passing plays with primo matchups and just march downfield 

I am really hoping things clicked for Jimmy in Chicago and we see him play with that sort of fire and intensity from start to finish this week. No excuses. I heard him say in an interview about Aiyuk that "when you are young, and you see some success, sometimes its easy to take your foot off the gas" and I really think that was a bit of a Freudian slip by him. He played hungry in 2017, but we didnt see the same intensity from him in 2018 until the second half of that chiefs game. It flashed in 2019, and in 2020 it didnt look like he gave a crap. This season has been a mixed bag from him, but lets hope he finally got his mojo back. I dont think its a coincidence that he found it when he was supposedly about to be benched. I really dont think if we had traded for Trey that we would have gotten the best version of Jimmy (if we are indeed, getting the best version of Jimmy, which I hope we will from now on).  

Edited by N4L
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, N4L said:

On a one year deal, I don't hate it. What's the worst that can happen?? 

We are 3-4 and you can never have enough firepower 

The rams just went and got Von Miller. This is an arms race 

Kyle calls the shots and he wants to win a Superbowl 

On a one year deal where OBJs reputation is on the line? Feels like we will get the best version of him. 

Plus, he's hurt! Perfect fit 

I agree. If we are gonna make the playoffs, we need all the help we can get. A one year deal is perfect. OBJ needs it as well, to salvage his reputation. I don't think he would be a cancer here, but I do worry about him always being injured.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Alright Football Gods get us to .500 ball before that MNF beatdown that the rams willl giv.....  i mean that we will give to the rams.

No more Slye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I want lots of Kittle and Woerner, no more Dwelley, please. 

I would be ecstatic if Ford and Wilson see any playing time.