Week 9 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Need this win, no excuses. Niners getting healthier while the Cardinals are banged up. 

Basically the opposite of our situation the last 10 years lol.

A win in addition to none of the 49ers key players getting hurt again. Then Greenlaw comes back against the Rams. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

A win in addition to none of the 49ers key players getting hurt again. Then Greenlaw comes back against the Rams. 

May be without Deebo this week though,  which is tough. 

But yes, if we can win this week and continue to get healthier, than we will give ourselves a chance to make a run at the playoffs. 

Even without Deebo, they need to win against the Cardinals at home with Colt McCoy probably starting in addition to no Nuk Hopkins. And AJ Green has COVID. Following that win I'll be extremely demoralized if the 49ers can't pick themselves off the floor in their own house against a divisional rival that's starting to see some injuries to key starters. Hopefully Deebo can tough it out. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Shame about Ford who was productive as usual in the time he was on the field. 

Offense is as healthy as it has been all season. Arizona has a very good defense but the offense should be able to move the ball. 

You guys thing Ford retires in the off season? The FA edge rusher pool looks nice this off season too although how much can we offer with a bosa extension looming?

Looks like Hopkins will be a go and Murray will be testing his ankle pre-game. So a decent/good chance both will be playing. Obviously that makes the game very difficult, but still a winnable game. 

Kittle will be on a pitch count and will be playing around half the snaps. 

7 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like Hopkins will be a go and Murray will be testing his ankle pre-game. So a decent/good chance both will be playing. Obviously that makes the game very difficult, but still a winnable game. 

Maybe not…. 

9 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

With the way Woerner has stepped up i have no problem having Kittle do most of his work in the passing downs and having Woerner in for the blocking. Really a big change with when Dwelley was our #2.

10 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

And Sermon is indeed inactive. 

Ambry Thomas is active though.

I really don't get why our staff is so down on Sermon. To me, he'd be a perfect 1-2 punch with Mitchell. I get that Wilson is back, but Hasty over Sermon is crazy to me. 

8 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

And Sermon is indeed inactive. 

Ambry Thomas is active though.

Interesting that Ambry is active and not Lenoir...But I think Lenoir just had a child?

Murray/Hopkins are out for Arizona as well as Green/Watt obviously.

Cards will likely lean into the run game more but hopefully the run defense is at least solid.

Offensively, Mitchell/Kittle/Deebo are all active, but they all may be on a pitch count. Kittle will definitely be on a pitch count but I could see Wilson/Hasty getting half the carries and keeping Mitchell's workload manageable....Very scared of Deebo's injury and don't want him to make it worse.