Jets @ Colts Thursday Night

jetfuel34

48 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I still feel what hurt Wilson the most was the week teams he played last year. He was able do things last year that you can't do in the pros

Does that mean Fields or Lawrence should be dominating?  I think the simpler answer is that no college QB will ever face the talent they will see in the NFL.  It takes time for that adjustment.  It also depends on the situation they go into.  Lawrence, Wilson and Fields went into a crappy O situation as opposed to Mac and Herbert last year.  We should expect them to have difficulties regardless of the opposing teams they faced in college.  Another thing many overlook is the talent around the QB's in their college program.  Lawrence and Fields had almost NFL ready OL's, WR's and RB's.  Quick, name who Wilson had?

In the end, I think all three QB's will be Ok to really good.  They will be starters for a while.  It will take some time for that.  I also think Mac is what he is on the Pats and will thrive there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I think the fast this organization realizes they made a huge mistake by taking him #2 and not trading down and move on the faster this team will get better.

How will that make the team better?  It is a done deal, cant go back in time.  

Whatever happened to not dumping on him for a while?  That did not last long.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xrade said:

How will that make the team better?  It is a done deal, cant go back in time.  

Whatever happened to not dumping on him for a while?  That did not last long.

I tried so hard but man I hate this pick more than the Hack pick. I know I'm sorry. I'm really trying not to bash him. It's so hard not too when throw an old bum in and they do well at QB. I will go back to no saying anything bad about Wilson. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I tried so hard but man I hate this pick more than the Hack pick. I know I'm sorry. I'm really trying not to bash him. It's so hard not too when throw an old bum in and they do well at QB. I will go back to no saying anything bad about Wilson. 

Emotions with this team run high.  I understand.  He could turn out to be really bad.  I just think its a little premature to persecute him ATM.  I had high hopes for Sam and that turned out poorly.  A part of me wanted Sam to do well in Carolina but another part wanted him to fail so it justified our letting him go.

I really just think Zach needs time to observe and learn.  Then LaFleur needs to create a scheme that highlights his strengths and disguises his weaknesses, whatever they may be.  I just hope we are not talking about drafting another QB high in the draft for a while.  Yes, I can dream.

Wilson is fine. If LaFleur wasn’t hell bent on running the ball 1st down and 2nd and long and Zach learned to just check down when nothing is there we wouldn’t be having this discussion. 

OL has also settled in for the most part even tho GVR and McGovern are absolutely terrible at football. 

• Like 2