49ers trade for pass rusher Charles Omenihu from Texans

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, AustrianNiner said:

7 career sacks. A lot of people seem to like him. Why not.

He's got those Baalke approved arms. I would not be surprised to see him get some run throughout the remainder of the season on at end base downs so we could shift AA inside full time. Sounds like we didn't give much up for him, so hopefully he can come in and produce. 

1 minute ago, 49to5er said:

He was very solid against the run in college and he sacked Kyler twice in the same game! I was thinking this could be a way to move AA inside and help us against the run a little more. Solid move. Whats up with Mo Hurst??

He's hurt. He left practice in an air cast a week ago or something I think. 

Word is that he had some issues not practicing hard during the week

It makes sense why the compensation was so low and it also makes him a great fit here. Kocereck will get him practicing hard 

Interior pass rushers are hard to find. Seems like a great fit all around 

Just now, rudyZ said:

Is it the end of Arden Key? Jordan Willis? Neither?

I would say neither for this season. I don't think either are signed past this year though, so I don't think there's any guarantee either are back next year. 

Just now, GW21 said:

I would say neither for this season. I don't think either are signed past this year though, so I don't think there's any guarantee either are back next year. 

Trading for a pass rusher does send a message. And that message could be that those depth players aren't guaranteed a spot right now. If we need a roster spot at some point when someone returns from injury, I wouldn't be surprised to see Key being the odd man out.